What the HELL is going on in Safari?!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mattcube64, Nov 14, 2007.

1. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

Hey guys... last night, I was browsing the net in Safari like always. When I clicked on the X to close one of my tabs, and it closed all my tabs. I was like, "What the hell?" Anyways, I opened them all back up from my bookmarks bar, and continued surfing. I clicked a link, and it downloaded the page in the link, instead of forwarding to the page like normal. So, I restarted my Macbook out of frustration.

Comes back on, same thing happens. I click a link, and it downloads it, and closes all the tabs except the one I'm in. When the download (quickly) completes, the whole browser window closes.

I tried resetting Safari, and everything was fine. Until just now, it's doing it again. What the heck? I've made sure all my trackpad/buttons are set like they should be, and sure enough, they are. Safari has been reset, like I said, and I did a restart.

Macbook 2Ghz CD/ 2GB/ Leopard

2. admiraldennis macrumors regular

Sounds like you're option-clicking to me. Perhaps something is wrong with your keyboard?

Go to System Preferences -> International -> Input Menu. Enable "Keyboard Viewer" and select it from the Flag menu that appears in your menu bar. Confirm the option key is not being intermittently held down.

Are you using an external mouse or any kind of mouse-related software?