What the hell is iCloud Photos. Please help.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Slcflier, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Slcflier macrumors newbie

So, iCloud photos has been confusing the hell out of me. I turned it on on both my phone and iPad mini while they had photos in them from being synced to iPhoto through iTunes. The sync happened in less than a minute and I figured that there was no way that all 1200 of my photos had been uploaded to the cloud that fast. There were some photo's which I could not delete which to me indicated that they needed to be deleted from iPhoto on my Mac (by the way, the photo's tab in your devices in iTunes disappears when iCloud photos is turned on). After I turned iCloud photos off on my iPad, deleted the desired photos off of iPhoto on my MacBook pro, and re-synced my iPad, I unchecked sync with iphoto (thus wiping all photos from my iPad), and then turned iCloud photos back on. None of the photos on my phone (which always had iCloud photos turned on and still has all 1200 photos) came back on to my iPad. I really don't understand iCloud photos if it doesn't upload my entire library. Any suggestions or thoughts on this new system?

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

3. shandyman Suspended