What the hell is this on my iPhone 6 Plus?

Hexcruncher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
Hi guys so I had my 128GB Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus delivered to my house, and I was playing about with it, looked at the back and it looks completely different to the FCC logos etc on any other iPhone Ive seen, and that number "0682" on the device. (Check pic to see what I mean) Any ideas? Im completely dumbfounded to be honest.

Attachments

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
Hi guys so I had my 128GB Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus delivered to my house, and I was playing about with it, looked at the back and it looks completely different to the FCC logos etc on any other iPhone Ive seen, and that number "0682" on the device. (Check pic to see what I mean) Any ideas? Im completely dumbfounded to be honest.
I have my icons in a different order, with 0682 written very small between the last two (!) and CE.

Comment

RyanG

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
odd. mine has 6082 in very tiny print, also have an FCC logo at the beginning of the line like my 5S.

Comment

Hexcruncher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
Anyone worked out what it means? I haven't got a clue. Ive searched for the past hour for answers but nothing has come up!

Comment

anthonymoody

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2002
Damn. I was going to guess troll bogeys. Until I saw the photo. Definitely not troll bogeys.

Comment

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
Return that immediately to Apple! That is a special Edition unit meant only for special VIP's.

Or it could be a cheap rip off that was switched at the factory, and yous is on it's way to Smarkand. :rolleyes:

Comment

Apple fanboy

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Exactly the same on mine. Case is going on now though, so all good.

Comment

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
Exactly the same on mine. Case is going on now though, so all good.
I see that Apple fanboy is in the UK. Are you outside the US also Hexcruncher? Are FCC logos usually on iPhones outside the US? Maybe there are new requirements in the EU or something.

Comment

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
It's the European equivalent to the FCC markings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking
http://www.whatsoniphone.com/blog/what-do-the-symbols-on-the-back-of-the-iphone-mean/

----------

I see that Apple fanboy is in the UK. Are you outside the US also Hexcruncher? Are FCC logos usually on iPhones outside the US? Maybe there are new requirements in the EU or something.
I have FCC and CE marking's on my Nexus 5 and i'm in the U.K.

Comment

desertrat23

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2012
Mine says 0682 (in the US) but is considerably smaller. But, I got a 6 so it's probably smaller than the 6 Plus. ;)

Comment

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2013
It could be a print error. You probably can sell your phone for a million dollars

Comment

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
Have you noticed that Apple seemed to have used a 'prettier' version of the bin marking (reminding you not to throw electronics in the bin/trash)? Maybe they thought the usual logo was a bit too ugly to go on the back of the iPhone.

Comment

cambookpro

Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Same on my friend's iPhone 6. Must be some new EU markings: never seen it on previous iPhones. Usually they had the same FCC logos as the States.

Comment

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Be careful using that one. It's a special version. The nsa and cesg have direct access.

Comment

Artmuzz

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2008
iPhone 6 FCC logo missing

I recently bought the new iPhone 6 Plus and I love it. However I have noticed something strange when I look at the back of my iPhone. The Apple and iPhone logo are still there as well as the CE, 0682 and bin and exclimation logos but the FCC logo is no longer there. It has vanished. I find this strange considering the photos of the back of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus on the Apple Store website still have the FCC logo on the back of the phone.

Please advise

Last edited:
Comment

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
I remember reading a few weeks ago that they are no longer required to add it. Can you post a picture?

Comment