What the hell is wrong now? (keeps crashing)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Krafty, May 4, 2008.

1. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Well, I'm still on 1.1.2 JB but here are a few things:

Its crashing a lot - Almost every other days when I'm listening to music it keeps crashing.

Just recently, when it crashes it freezes - Sometimes it will go to the home screen, and just sit there and the icons wont show up. After pressing numerous buttons, and going outside my 3rd floor dorm to wind up and chuck it off the balcony, it finally starts working.

Sometimes the song position slider doesnt work - You know when your listening to a song, you tap the artwork and a pop-up comes up and it was the repeat, all, shuffle icon, and Song position slider? Sometimes when I want to skip to a song, I slide it, and it does nothing. And then when I stop and and play it, it goes back to the right place, but it still wont work when I try to skip ahead in the song.

Is this common in this build?

2. allbrokeup macrumors 6502

RESTORE!!!!! 1.1.2 was notorious for crashes and errors with the JB. Have you got a magnetic clip case? because if you do, that causes a short in the circuitry rebooting it or crashing the open app to springboard.

After Restore, update to 1.1.4

Use ZiPhone 2.6b to Jailbreak it. DONT use 3.0 because its stupid and wont work for many people.

On a 1.1.4 JB myself and a PWNED iPT 2.0, they work perfectly.

Cheers!

P.S. It WOULD scar SJ for life if you threw a precious iProd off a balcony while it was still working. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D jokes.

3. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

Actually he'd appriciate it more revenue for him

4. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

No, I havent bought a case yet. Also, I heard 1.1.4 was incompatible with a lot of apps.

5. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Not anymore. They've all updated, or have been discontinued entirely (for the most part). Customize is the biggest thing not fully implemented, but that can be hacked on, or you can sign up for the 2.0 Beta.

The upgrade is well worth it.

6. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

Alright, just so I have this straight. I can take the music, copy the music on my ipod to a playlist in iTunes, and then jailbreak it. Correct?

7. allbrokeup macrumors 6502

yes. your music should be in iTunes already anyway. if it isn't use a third party app that can Copy Music off iPod (a google search will help). Restore to 1.1.4, and Jailbreak using ZiPhone 2.6b.

If you are wondering whether updating causes music to vanish, it doesn't, only restoring.

Cheers!

allbrokeup