What the iPhone 5 icon looks like extrapolated into full size

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by msb3079, Sep 1, 2011.

1. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Surprised this has not been posted here. Or maybe I missed it??

Interesting.

http://t.co/u9DnC7c

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I don't think it's been posted either.

I think it's gorgeous if it's an idea of what we'll see. I usually don't comment on these rumors as they're usually based on, "a friend of a friend who knows a clown who works at a circus near Cupertino who saw a guy holding an iPhone..." but this rumor is legit.

I think the idea of a 3.7" screen as opposed to full 4" is great. I just wanted bigger, not super-sized.

3. troop231 macrumors 603

4. msb3079 thread starter macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Where?? I haven't seen it. I only saw it because 9to5 Mac posted it this morning.

5. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

6. troop231 macrumors 603

Read my edited post above. :cool:

Yup, and 9to5mac stole them this morning!

7. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I just think iPhone 5 is going to be a beautiful device. Even nicer then these renditions. I can't wait!

----------

SOB's! Give some damn credit!

8. msb3079 thread starter macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Well, regardless... maybe there should have been a thread about it. More worthwhile than 90% of the other ones...

9. twitt3r macrumors 6502

The funny thing here is, everybody is just assuming that the small icon is actually a representation of iPhone 5... I can't wait to see people's reaction around here when they announce the iPhone 4S only.

10. troop231 macrumors 603

There are threads on it, I just linked you to the single posts is all.

11. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

WRONG...Whether this is an accurate rendition or not, it would CRUSH apple if they released a refreshed iphone 4 ONLY. Don't you think they know that? They would drop right out of the smart phone race if they did that. And I am pretty sure Apple can't afford to stumble right now. Feel free to quote me when apple launches another game changer. Anyone who says apple is going to take a step backwards with iPhone 5, in whatever way, just doesn't know anything about Apple and how important this launch is for them.

12. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Why do you say that? To this day the iPhone 4 still sells more than any other phone out there each month even 14 months after its release.

13. bad03xtreme macrumors 6502a

bad03xtreme

14. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

no just any icon, a cartoonish drawing of an icon

15. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Has anyone actually noticed that the icon on iTunes when an iPhone is connected is the exact same as this "revelation"?

How about someone takes the icon that's always came up on iTunes when an iPhone is connected, take the dimensions like they have this "new" icon, and see if it matches ANY of the current iPhone models. If it does, then we have a story. If it doesn't, you're getting very excited over something very trivial.

16. Captain America macrumors 6502

It would be amazing if this is the real deal. I always wanted a larger screen.

17. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

See I would get that. Not saying I went from 6 to 12, but I'd get it.

18. shelbymayer macrumors regular

an icon that looks a lot like a SGS2 :rolleyes:

19. ScKcBc, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2011

ScKcBc macrumors regular

Yea seriously. And even if they do release a 4S, I'll be there to get it. If they do nothing else besides the ipad 2 chip and a better camera, I'll be getting it.

20. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

You're exactly right. BUT..That will not be the case for very much longer if iPhone 5 turns out to be a refreshed iPhone 4. People want change, they want something new to look at. It's a fact that design sells just as much as harware does. And believe it or not, iPhone 4 (while still a beautiful device) is becoming outdated by the minute. New android phones are coming out just about monthly and they are getting better and nicer with each new release. For the 1st time in iPhone history, people are actually stopping and thinking about which phone to buy. That wasn't the case 2 years ago. If you wanted a phone that was way ahead of everything out there, you got an iPhone. Now there are tons phones out there that can hang with iPhone 4 with no problem. Apple knows they can't put out a new device that looks just like the old one. NO WAY!!! I don't care how fast it is or how much better it is on the inside. There is no possible way Apple would be that stupid. Do you realize that there are millions of people (my daughter included) with iPhones that don't have a clue what an A5 processor is, or how much ram it has, whether it's a single or dual core, or even what 16 gig is. They bought the phone because they thought it was cooler then any other one on the shelf.

Look at it this way..If iPhone 5 comes out and looks exactly like iPhone 4 and they are sitting next to each other on the shelf, iphone 5- $199, iphone 4 - $99 (or less) how many new subscribers, or people upgrading from 3G's or people switching over from another brand are going to get the cheaper iPhone 4. Answer...Most likely a ton. And sure, there will be people that get the $199 version, but the average person just getting an iphone for the first time might tend to lean towards the cheaper one. Especially if it looks exactly the same.

I could be totally wrong, but I'd be willing to bet the house on a completely redesigned, beautiful, state of the art device. Good thing is we will all be finding out soon..(HOPEFULLY)

21. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

Yeah that looks pretty good, even in the one based on current iPhone size

22. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

YOU will be getting it...And to be honest, although I would be totally pissed, I'd probably get it too...But I wouldn't be pre-ordereing or camping out for it.

The question is..What would the masses do? Would the people with no clue about processors or megapixels still buy it if there is a much cheaper one that looks EXACTLY the same sitting right next to it? Maybe, but not likely.

We may be getting a 4S that looks just like iPhone 4, but it will be along side a totally redesigned iPhone 5.

23. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

Many people agree with this statement. I'm sure apple has something up their sleeve