What the **** is Apple doing?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by freepomme, Jan 27, 2017.

1. freepomme Suspended

What is it with this new restore Keychain thing and 2 step verification thing? What are they doing?! I can't approve from another device because I don't have another Apple device. These updates and especially iOS 10.3 I had to bail out on. This is dumb. These updates bring nothing but headaches, they introduce SO many new bugs that break things that were previously working fine and I TOLD yall about this. I can't deal with this anymore

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

They told you so.

3. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

That's one main reason why beta is for enthusiasts, developers, and some other guys knowing what they are doing, to install.

I hope you have a latest iTunes backup before installing iOS 10.3 beta 1.

4. SoN1NjA macrumors 65816

SoN1NjA

That's why it's a beta
    And just because you don't have another device for Keychain and 2 Step Verification, lots of us do and it's nice to know our accounts are secure

5. Applefan4515 Suspended

Applefan4515

I thought the two step verification thing was annoying as hell too...until I started getting notifications that some one was trying to log in to my  id, when I wasn't. Haven't gotten any of those unless I triggered them since I changed my password.

6. hollowplayer macrumors regular

i think they just try to push you to buy more of their devices. It can be implemented in so many ways but yet they choose verification with second device.

7. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

If you can't take this anymore, then perhaps you should consider Another device. Judging by your threads and posts on here, Apple really upsets you regularly.

8. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

Maybe I missed something but "that iCloud Keychain thing" existed already in older versions right? I've been using it for years.

As far as your one device problem goes, this article seems to have the answer: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204085

9. cswifx Suspended

cswifx

10. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Why is everyone acting like this is an issue because of the beta? I've always had to verify to get iCloud Keychain to work. This isn't new.

11. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

iCloud verification is nothing new.

It's a protection. Otherwise, if your account got hacked you'd be bitching about security...

12. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Whatever they're doing I hope they keep it up because my 7+ is running like a dream on 10.3.

13. cswifx Suspended

cswifx

OP made it sound like the 2FA codes weren't being sent out I think.

14. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

I just read it again. He's complaining about how the 2FA works, not that it isn't working.

15. andy.ringwood Suspended

Okay. Bye.

16. sunapple macrumors 65816

sunapple

You should all take a look at OP's posts from the past, he's always whining about how he told us so or something. Really embarrassing actually, good fun too.

17. electronicsguy macrumors 6502a

electronicsguy

and why exactly should anyone care?