What the new Macbook cannot or should not do.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Sergi0, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. Sergi0, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by brand: Mar 14, 2015

Sergi0 macrumors member

There is a lot of threads asking if the macbook is enough (I am guilty of asking as well). So in order to stream-line the information, I've started the thread. I'll need your help since I do not know the limits of a computer.

The Macbook cannot or should not.....

The Macbook cannot handle gaming such as world of warcraft for instance...
    The Macbook cannot handle logic X or advanced photo editing...
    The Macbook cannot teleport you to another dimension...
    The Macbook cannot make a bad thread a good thread...

2. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

The Retina MacBook cannot and should not substitute a Retina MacBook Pro. That's really all that needs to be said.

Although for those looking to teleport to another dimension, I'd recommend at least a 15" rMBP ;)

3. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I disagree. The Macbook release wait is sending me to another dimension, one of lust and longing for a month from today when I get it, to which it will then teleport me to another dimension, one of bliss and happiness... like pouring a warm bowl of oatmeal all over my body while sipping cold vodka.... and ... ok that's enough of that.

4. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

The Macbook should not have only one port.
    The Macbook should not have a 480p camera in the year 2015.
    The Macbook should not be priced that high.

5. Sergi0 thread starter macrumors member

Lol true. I tried, but I'll admit it wasn't my most successful thread.. I got a laugh out of it so there's that, but yeah. This padawan has much to learn about thread starting.

6. Nee412 macrumors 6502

• The new MacBook will handle WoW at low, and probably even medium settings.
    • Who is going to buy this machine for Logic Pro X or Final Cut Pro X? If you work in an industry where you need to use those applications to their potential up you will already have an iMac or Mac Pro, and probably a rMBP.
    • It will probably handle photo editing quite well for the masses. Again if you edit photos for a living you probably already own an iMac or a rMBP.
    • Of course it can transfer you to another dimension. It's call Jonyverse, a place where everything is paper thin and made of aluminium.

7. nerdAFK macrumors regular

nerdAFK

I know a notebook which can teleport you to another dimension.

The 17 inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.