What the new MBP should have looked like!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Europe calling, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Europe calling macrumors regular

Europe calling

With a matte screen off course!!

Attached Files:

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Imo, No.

There was a great mockup pic that made the MBP look similar to the air. I really liked that. But now the new models are out, fantasizing about "what it should've been" isn't gonna change whats already out.

3. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Sorry but the macbook pro looks amazing!

They need to change nothing... imo of course :)

4. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

IMO they should of kept to intel based chipsets...

5. Alchematron macrumors 6502a

Alchematron

You are correct sir!

Also with

Built in 3G Antenna
    Blu-Ray Drive
    Hi Res Screen

And Steve would have had my money :mad:

6. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

that looks nice. The whole black bezel thing is iffy in my opinion. Looks like a HP.

They should have made it all black if they wanted to use black.

The thing is, what works for the iMac doesn't mean it'll work for a notebook. I wish they had realized that.

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I like your design, but I think the black keys on an aluminium body look better than white keys on an aluminium body. I think the MBA is one of the nicest Apple laptop designs in their history, if not THE best.

Right now, with the designs so similar, the MBA has the advantage in aesthetics due to the silver bezel. I don't have an objection to black, but it's just too much black!! Aluminium with a black keyboard looks OK, because black adds a nice touch of contrast to an aluminium body. The contrast looks wonderful.

I think the best look would be to use the new MBP shape, but use an aluminium screen bezel, and aluminium (coloured) chicklet keys. The chicklet keys and new taper along the edge gives the MBP an updated look without making it look gaudy. In other words, it would have looked a bit like the old MBP, but with a taper along the edges, and an aluminium chicklet keyboard.

8. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

I don't understand why the hell couldn't apple think of this exact design, I understand the camera would show, but it would look like a mac. The current new models look like HP/Compaq laptops.

9. futuremac macrumors member

They looked fine as they were, and they didn't need to ruin it with the two toned shiny toys. This was a change for the sake of change, not because it was needed.

10. aleksandra. macrumors 6502a

Or like an Asus. When did Apple start following PC designs?!

I agree completely. Good thing they didn't destroy it this time. Who knows what next revision will do to it, though.

I think many mock-ups are way better than what Apple actually showed us yesterday. All black is fine. All aluminium, possibly with a little black (keyboard) is fine. This iMac-like look might be good when there's screen only (iPhone, iMac, even the new display).

There's only one thing that could help these new notebooks IMO - carbon Colorware. Which is expensive, doesn't cover touchpad and isn't available outside US.

11. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

Fantastic job!

round it up with FW400 and DVI and I would have bought it instantly!

But now I will simply be using my fully loeaded last revision MacBook and my last revision tiBook and spend the money I had reserved for a MacBook Pro money for something else (maybe an Eames Lounge Chair clone..?!)

vSpacken

12. steamed.hams macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

+1

I would've bought the OP's design immediately.

I think the older MBPs look bette than the new onesr...

13. aido macrumors newbie

I wholeheartedly agree with the matching silver keys, the black are rather ugly. The black bezel doesn't bother me too much. Though the slimming down of ports and glossy only screen are more than a niggle.

14. polar-blair macrumors regular

At first I didnt like the MB MBP but It has grown on me and I think it looks awesome. So awesome Ive ordered one and I dont care what people think, I love it :D

15. thespyglass macrumors regular

thespyglass

Thumbs Up

Yeah, I really like those pictures, Europe Calling.

I love the new manufacturing of the MBPs: how solid they're reported to feel and the innovation of it all. They look pretty amazing... until you open them up. Whereupon you get a design that is perfectly fine but yes, that is reminiscent of a bunch of other PC designs and a bit 'loud'.

The whole black/silver/black-chiclet thing isn't a deal-breaker for me though. It's the screen I'm having trouble with. A matte screen and less black would have me scrambling to the Apple store, using my current machine to clobber people over the head and out of my way to the front of the queue. As it is I'll be researching and waiting and playing on it for a while before I decide, I think.

16. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

First we have "what it'll look like" threads, and now we have "what it should have looked like" threads. :rolleyes:

I do like this lighter tone better.

17. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

If they had to switch to the chiclet style, it would have been great with actual aluminum keys. That would have been something! ...and more eco-friendly.

18. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

This

[​IMG]

Plus

This

[​IMG]

Equals

[​IMG]

Am I the only one who see a resemblance, it AT LEAST in a way looks like a Windows computer

[​IMG]

19. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Cool mockups. I totally agree - the black on all the new machines is hideous and is a step backwards for their designs.

20. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68020

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Nope sorry, for the first time I will be considering the 15" w/ a 2.8 processor, and 320 Gb 7200 RPM HDD, freaking sweet, w/ 4GB of the new RAM =awesome. One beautiful lappie!;)

21. newbie jnr macrumors member

silver chicklet keys and i would have bought those mockups. IMO THAT would have been some nice evolution!

22. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

IMHO it looks amazing now and they should never change it :D

ChrisN

23. buyusfear macrumors 6502

I'm chapped at the fact that the MB now smokes my penryn which I JUST bought a couple moths ago, and for 700 bucks less. Thanks apple :D

Oh, and I love the fact that my awesome 24'' iMac won't work with the new 24'' LCD

24. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

agreed, alum bezel and matte screen and i would be melting the CC now.

25. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

you forgot the black hinge :D

but i love the new macbooks