What the NSA knows about your iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by !!!, Sep 9, 2013.

1. !!! macrumors 6502

I have been hearing recent talks about the NSA knowing what is on your iPhone. Does anyone know what exactly they know???

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Everything!!!

…..but of course, only that on the phones of the people that are actually worried about it and have to ask something like this!

They leave the rest of us alone.

3. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

Incorrect, Sir. That's a false sense of security you have.

OP- here's the deal that you need to know...

1. I 'kind of' doubt that they can access everything on your phone, but then again most people doubted 'they' were listening in on our phone calls/emails/activity for years and years...lo and behold, the 'nutters' were right all along. Take that for what you will.

2. This is the important part- All the spying on American/world citizens by our government is NOT about "safety and security for the American people"... it is about safety and security FOR THE GOVERNMENT--- AGAINST THE AMERICAN PEOPLE...

Think about it. The American people are precisely the people who HAVE the power in this country (supposed to anyways...we see how that's changed), and can take it AWAY from the government. They know this, and they have been arming themselves against us for decades.

They SAY that all the domestic spying is to protect us...and then admit that events like the Sandy Hook shooting and Boston Marathon bombing 'fell through the cracks' when in fact if you dig deeper, they really knew a LOT more than they say publicly.

They CHOOSE not to 'protect' us from these things, because that's not what their programs are set up to protect against.

Don't get me started on how most if not all of these events are 'guided' by them in the first place.

Look harder OP. The rabbit hole goes a LOT deeper than you think.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Sir?

LMAO!

Why yes, even if you can't see someone's profile pic under certain conditions, anyone posting on an iPhone forum must be male.

That really just goes right along with your tinfoil hat.

5. alent1234 macrumors 603

OMG, the NSA knows i ordered thai food for lunch yesterday instead of eating at home

6. Count Blah, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013

Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

The whole point is that they can, and do, scan and then act on the interesting folks. Chuck full of false alarms and undue scrutiny for something that was private between people.

They are not interested in "you", unless you trip the threshold. At least that is what has been reported.

7. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

There are reason's someone becomes of interest to them and makes them start scanning their information. It's not something the 'average Joe or Jolene" needs to worry about.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

9. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

I guess you missed the list of "suspicious" words that has been circulated. Yeah, average Joe and Joelene do have to be concerned.

Sorry mod, didn't see your warning until now. I'm done.

Have a great weekend all!!

10. ScottishCaptain macrumors 6502a

"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither."

-Benjamin Franklin

11. abz1981 macrumors 65816

My advice if your browsing use private browsing or maybe better use a VPN.

12. Bruins Fan macrumors member

Bruins Fan

What the NSA knows about your iPhone

Damn, annoying that they know all my kinks. ;)

No worries, nothing my wife doesn't already know!

13. Tzuten macrumors 6502

Private browsering won't keep them from knowing what you did/doing. While VPNs I use and advocate it's usage for a more secure/private online experience, these are not even 100%. Tor was also compromised a few months back..

But as far as your phone, who really knows what they can access. Just assume that they can access ALL of it if they want.

Privacy and anonymity in this connected world is one of the most difficult commodities to obtain.

14. Djay macrumors member

Not to worry. Just omit texts with words such as Tea Party, Bill of Rights, AR15, 2nd Amendment, etc. :eek: ;)

15. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

It's kind of paranoid but I've had this same thought too. No emails with this stuff in it either. Deleting doesn't matter. Once it's sent the NSA has a copy of it. We live in a weird sort of benevolent police state. The vast, vast majority of us won't be affected. But if we get in trouble, or are accused of something, even if falsely, then it's all there to be unearthed :eek:

16. oplix Suspended

oplix

NSA can access Apple servers, not your phone directly. However Apple servers include iCloud backup which is basically your entire phone.

Apple can claim that NSA has no direct access to your phone however that is irrelevant.