What the?? (Uncharted PS3 Spoilers!!)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Jan 3, 2008.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I just got to Chapter 18 in Uncharted Drakes Fortune and.. what the... Pretty big surprise, and it changed the whole gameplay from take cover to run+shoot. What did you think about it?

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

If that's the one in the base, I really hated that part of the game. Not that it was bad, because it was a really interesting part of the game, I just hated it.

3. SeVeN macrumors 6502a

i hated that part too, if we're even talking about the same thing.

4. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm almost to the generator room, probably wont be able to play till Sunday, maybe Friday. I heard the generator room was freaky... and the "things" have unlimited respawn. "can't wait" :\

5. SeVeN macrumors 6502a

its overwhelming at first. but just get into a corner and shoot, that way you can see all of them

6. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

I like running in circles with a shotgun :D. In the first fight with them I tried punching a few times.... bad bad idea. Instant death!

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

If we are talking about the part where some of the locals join the festivities then I'll say it kinda caught me by surprise and it sure was a turn around....but should be expected in a game about lost treasures...I liked it.

Bless

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I hate the shooting parts in the game anyway, and just wish the whole thing was puzzles and platform adventuring.... knowing I have this coming up leaves me cold.....

9. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

the locals... yup. Anyone coming near the end if chapter 17. BE PREPARED. And grad a shotgun ;).

10. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

This surprise actually changes all the gunplay. Maybe you'll like it.

11. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I burst out laughing when it finally happened. It was just so over the top. When I finally completed the game I was left feeling like "That's it?". It was an interesting game but hardly the amazing shooter everyone is making it out to be. I preferred Ratchet & Clank Future to Uncharted. Having said that I'm keeping my copy of Uncharted and will play through it again 1 day.

12. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

It has a great story, which makes it a good game. Even if the story got thrown in random directions then.... I'll probably end up finishing it soon. The generator room wasn't bad. Easy.

13. madfresh macrumors regular

I thought the game was great until this part. It was still a really good game, but adding that in made it unrealistic.

14. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Exactly

15. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Beat it! The scenes around the ending made me like the story again, it explained all the weird stuff (but still unrealistic).

16. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Beat it today. The end bit of run-n-gun was a VERY annoying and those things pissed me off to no end. It was unrealistic but very much in the Indiana Jones vein so story-wise I liked it, gameplay wise I was pissed off. Bottom-line it was still a great game, it still looks damn pretty and I'm glad I made it through it. Can't wait for the sequel, hopefully fixing some of the little gameplay quirks!