What The Wannabeiphone makers Forget

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewMacGirl, Apr 5, 2008.

1. NewMacGirl macrumors regular

OK there are lots of imitation iphone makers out there, blatatantly ripping off the iphone. Samsung, Meizu, LG, Nokia soon probably.

However one thing they forget. No matter how good they are, their wannabeiphones will not be part of a well thought out seamless SYSTEM.

They are content merely to put out hardware but that is why the ipod succeeded when the others have merely done OK.

The real stroke of genius is itunes which was given a way for free and has gradually built up to be in billions of peoples homes, organising how they listen to and buy music.

The iphone will take it one step further and use itunes to distribute the applications. How much confidence will this give the user? Rather than going to a completely anonymous download site which you just don't know if you can trust or not, you can go to faithful old itunes and download APPLE pre vetted applications in complete safety from downloading a trojan, adware or a virus. AND you know exactly where to go. And you can download your music or a TV show from their too.

Apple TV is a sleeper product also destined for great things I reckon.

itunes is the master stroke which the competitors forget about.

Oh, also these companies can't develop silky smooth graphics or have any sense of taste or style

2. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

3. I3eXa macrumors 6502

true true, at first when i saw some of them, i thought 'yeah, that i might like better than the iphone', but then realized it was running microsoft, no itunes connections, itunes store, and etc.....iphone still owns them :D

4. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

secure itunes

now i guess we get to see how secure itunes really is - i wonder if apple can pull together proper security for all its selling avenues and distribution plans, i hope so indeed.

it would be bad to have trusty itunes suddenly become malware prone

5. philgilder macrumors 68000

surely theyve been doing this with music for years

6. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Do you think at some point Apple will unlock the iPhone so we can put Windows Mobile on it???

(I really should've asked this on April 1)

8. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

The business take over of Fingerworks I see as a key aspect as well. The user interface of the iPhone, is only as good as it is, due to the work the people at Fingerworks did.

It is blatantly obvious the fact if you have a play around with an LG Viewty, then it really hits you what an amazing piece of hardware the iPhone actually is!!