What they should've released

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Awestyn Powerz, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Awestyn Powerz macrumors newbie

What they should've released is a "32GB iPod nano touch"!! That would've been killer! They should also come out with an "iPhone nano" that strictly only has touch and phone capabilities and nothing else. I know most of what I say isn't technically feasible from many aspects. But it's good to dream, no?

2. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Terrible idea because the screen would be way too small. How would you type on a screen that small? Impossible..

3. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

32GB in flash memory? Do you have any idea how much that would cost?

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Mmm..not as good as my idea: 4TB Flash iPod Touch with free unlimited 3G data (provided by O2, Vodafone and Orange here in the UK). All for the price of £2.50.

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

Hmmm... I was sorta hoping for the 64 exabyte flash iPod touch to come out with free unlimited data. And make the battery able to play video nonstop for three years with wifi on and full brightness. But I would only buy if it was less than 2mm thick and less than five dollars.

6. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220234

About $280. I think there would be enough profit in a $499 32GB iPod touch, especially since that $280 includes the SD enclosure, and profit for Patriot (the manufacturer).

I seem to remember iSuppli citing a cost of $6 per gigabyte of flash memory for a company like Apple. That would work out to about $200. Again, very doable.

7. Awestyn Powerz thread starter macrumors newbie

Type?

Who said anything about typing? I would just use it for video. And keep in mind I'm not seriously considering any of my ideas would ever happen in the near future!

8. Awestyn Powerz thread starter macrumors newbie

9. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

iPod Nano Touch? That would be essentially combining a low end product and a high end product. Doesnt make any sense... (ex. like making a Mac Mini Pro with 8core xeons :rolleyes:)

10. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Then what is the point of touch when all you will be doing is using the Play/Pause buttons?

11. RabidBear macrumors member

RabidBear

Flash memory will continue to come down in price, so, I'm looking to next years iPod touch with 32Gb memory, built in VOIP and Mail.app. Throw in some VPN support and all those missing iPhone apps. and you've got a "Music Player" that will even have the phone companies worried.