What Things Do You Do To Clean Your iMac and How Often Do You Do It?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rs14smith, Jan 6, 2010.

1. rs14smith macrumors regular

Hey, I'm just wondering what some of you do to clean your iMac screen/mouse/keyboard? Like what materials do you use and how often do you do this maintenance (every week, every two weeks, etc)?

Also, the cleaning cloth that came with the iMac, is there a certain way to wash that as right now mine has a lot of dust on it from wiping the screen here and there, so just wondering if there is a special way to clean the cloth? :)

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

About every week or 2, I give mine a wipe down with microfiber cloth and a bit of iKlear.

3. rs14smith thread starter macrumors regular

I'm just curious to know what is so great about the iKlear? Is it because it has the "i" as the first letter or..? lol

Like why wouldn't a some solution at Walmart do the trick or what does iKlear have that is so special :) Just wondering

4. dborja macrumors 6502a

It's formulated with no alcohol nor ammonia, leaves no streak and just works well... I'll gladly use anything that doesn't have the "i" but iKlear has been trouble free for cleaning screens, mice, keyboards and casings (plastic and aluminum). :)

5. Shawnstra macrumors regular