Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adrian1480

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2010
Dumb thread. You're comparing products with completely different feature sets. The Thunderbolt version costs more because it's doing several things the USB3 version does not do.

• 2x the SDI video I/O + analog video I/O
  • HDMI I/O
  • 2x the digital audio channels
  • Full 1080p60 video vs 1080i60
  • Full 4:4:4 video sampling
  • 3Gb/s HD & 2k SDI video rate support
  • 3D Processing dual stream & frame packed capture & playback.

When we have equivalent products (features) to compare, we can discuss any price differences an the value of Thunderbolt as a superior technology. Any such discussion would also have to be in the context of the future as well.

DustinT

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2011
Ya, thats an impressive article. They have distilled the essence of Mac vs. Pc in a short space. Like the man said 'you get what you pay for'.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
That's great!

I wouldn't feel like I had an Apple product unless I spend a fortune.

It's part of the wonderful Apple experience.

:)

seetheforest

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2010
I was really hoping that Thunderbolt would be consumer targeted. Maybe it was ignorant but I was hoping to daisy-chain everything together someday and even use Thunderbolt thumb drives. Shame that it only targets the highest end users of the computing world.

Macsavvytech

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2010
Dumb thread. You're comparing products with completely different feature sets. The Thunderbolt version costs more because it's doing several things the USB3 version does not do.

• 2x the SDI video I/O + analog video I/O
  • HDMI I/O
  • 2x the digital audio channels
  • Full 1080p60 video vs 1080i60
  • Full 4:4:4 video sampling
  • 3Gb/s HD & 2k SDI video rate support
  • 3D Processing dual stream & frame packed capture & playback.

When we have equivalent products (features) to compare, we can discuss any price differences an the value of Thunderbolt as a superior technology. Any such discussion would also have to be in the context of the future as well.

The only post that makes sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.