What time are you getting in line for an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aniej, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

Assuming there is, in fact, a line.

1) What time are you thinking of getting to the store now that the iPhone is set for a 6pm launch?

2) Are you going to an Apple store or AT&T store?

2. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

ha, i'm sorry buddy. I wish I could helo ya out. at least australia is pretty cool.

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Well, yeah, it's nearly winter... :p

4. brandon6684 Guest

Well I won't be back in the states till august, so I don't have to worry about lines.

5. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I thought about it and I really can't see a big line forming where I live. That said, I'll be arriving at apx. 5:00PM to my local AT&T store.

6. jimbot macrumors member

i live right next to an apple store, so i'm going to stop by around noon just to check it out... hopefully, i won't need to sit in much of a line

7. jhood077 macrumors newbie

im going to go right when i get out of class hopfully there wolnt be anyone at att

8. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

as i live in oz...the queues on eBay will be the only thing to cause me a problem :p

9. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I'm curious how much interest there will be for the iPhone in my hometown of 25,000...in Mississippi, no less. I'm not getting in line. The challenge will be convincing the wife to let me get one! :p

10. SirOmega macrumors 6502a

Probably around 3PM. I'll just drive between a few ATT stores to see who has the shortest line.

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

9AM...sending a family member to get mine!

I'm guessing if there is no line, she will leave, or got to other stores near the Cingular Store to kill some time

12. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

I will be calling my local AT&T store, and make sure they have some play to have some in stock a few days before.

if they do, then ill probably wait get there about an hour or so before.
    if not, then ill take off to the Apple Store in Nashville several hours away, and get there as soon as I can!

13. nfreader macrumors newbie

I like to live dangerously, so I'm getting in line at 7 PM, at an Apple store no less.

14. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-nfreader

Dude, bring a camera. This, we gotta see.

15. retrospects macrumors regular

time

i really have no idea i went to the closest cingular store and the guy was expecting campage, also he said his boss told him anywhere from 20 to 40 phones so after work thursday if there is anyone there i will wait, i really hope they sell them in the morning tho i dont want to sit out side a store for my 21 b-day!

(i dont care if im first as long as i am 1 of 20)

16. Sp71Supra macrumors regular

I never really thought about this, but what happens if you are in line and the person in front of you gets the last 8 gig.... that would suck being stuck with a 4 gig... id definatly get it... then return it once the 8 gig ones are in stock.

17. retrospects macrumors regular

oh wow i never thought of that, i plan on getting the 8gigger so i guess i better be in line first. iguess i will be there from thursday at 5:30 till friday at 6:00 damn over 24 hours, this better be awesome.

18. neven macrumors 6502a

The (Apple) stores will most likely close at 4 pm to bring out the signage and iPhone boxes. No, you won't be able to get them from your buddy who works at the store before then - the trucks probably won't deliver them until 5:30.

I plan on going there around 3 to see how the line looks (if there is one). My store is in a nice area with lots of things to do and see so I won't be bored either way.

19. indig0blue macrumors member

I know this question has been asked and discussed many times so far -

Apple Store or AT&T Store?

Now that we know the time of the release and the iTunes sign up component, I still cannot see why going to the Apple store would be better than hitting an AT&T store. All I am concerned with is getting a phone and I don't care about the Apple "product launch experience". I think a lot of people will go to the Apple store because there may be a belief that the Apple stores will have much more stock than the AT&T stores and also people might just make the quick association with iPhone and Apple and only think about going to the Apple store.

Has anyone shifted their oppinion, in light of the new information, regarding where they are going to try and get a phone? I myself, still feel very strongly that the AT&T store is the way to go but I absolutely am open to hearing from everyone about what the best strategy may be.

Thanks.

20. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I am willing to bet they won't let you upgrade it .. because, thats what it would be ... an upgrade.

21. iMichael72 macrumors regular

4:30 for me. If there is a loooong line by then I'll go back on Saturday and hope one is left.

22. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I will be getting on line around 5pm, my girlfriend however will be online starting around noon.

I am going to prep my self for getting it the best I can, but I won't camp for it. If the lines are so long that there is no chance of getting it, I will just wait for next shipment.

23. slffl macrumors 65816

slffl

Well if I was smart I would camp out overnight, as from experience I've missed out on other things like the xbox360 and Wii by waiting. I just hate wasting that much time. I'm sure the overnight lines for the iPhone will be a much better crowd than a gaming system line though.

24. pr5owner macrumors 65816

just a quick question to those of you ready for the line up, is there a reason why you MUST get it opening day (opening second for some of you)? is it not possible to wait even 1-5 days? im sure you all have phones now.

25. cjandnw macrumors 6502

While you beg the idea that waiting for the veritable cornucopia of real user experiences that will no doubtedly flood this forum, if the launch is so successful and they sell out, then who knows when the next shipment will arrive. Why not get it first. There are so few times when you can be "that guy" for a good reason!