What time are YOU going to camp out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMJustAGuy, Jun 14, 2009.

1. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I was just wondering what time people were going to camp out. I was thinking I would go at midnight on Thursday night (technically Friday). I want to go a little earlier but I my laptop (bringing to watch movies) doesn't last long and I don't want to get too bored. On the other hand I want to ensure that I get a phone. I wonder if I could bring an extension cord and if they have an outside plug, LOL.

So yeah, What time are you people going to get there?

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

ill be at att at 6am...(preorder baby!)

3. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

If I wasn't on vacation, I'd say I'd be at work that day. But since I preordered it, I think I'll get up around 8AM and wait for the FedEx guy to show up.

4. computermilk macrumors 6502

I'm still up in the air on how i'm getting mine....

My 2 choices right now are Buy from Apple.com have it shipped to my house on the 19th... or

Go stand in line at the ATT store, with NO pre order. If i do this then i will go at Midnight, and bring my PSP some games, and a spare battery =) :)

5. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I went to Best Buy the morning the Palm Pre came out, not to wait for the Pre but because I had just gotten off work and I needed a USB extension. Regardless, when they opened the doors there were two guys waiting in line for the Pre... Best Buy had 50, I think it'll be the same for the 3G.

Enjoy your camp!

6. outphase macrumors 65816

I will be doing the same if I can get my lazy self out of bed at 5:30. If not, I'll get there at 6:30. Having one with my name on it takes the edge off.

7. Switz213 macrumors 6502

Apple: 6:30-7
    I'm gonna drug all the people in the line by giving them free coffee (ben folds). It'll work.

8. nabechu macrumors 6502

9. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

10. BassetCase macrumors member

I am getting to AT&T around 6:30-7:00. I pre-ordered mine so I am not worried about not getting one. I would go later in the day but I have to work.

11. Hints-The-Name macrumors member

I pre registered mine through Apple and will be there by 5-5:30

12. sekz macrumors regular

13. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

I'll be waiting for whoever brings it to my front door. :)

14. robothero macrumors 6502

robothero

Gonna get to work at about 7AM like I do every day, and depending on if it gets to my house by lunch or not I might go home and pick it up.

If not it will be a nice post-rushhour post-work week gift :)

15. ryvetted macrumors member

I pre-ordered from Apple, so I'll be in line @ 6:30.

16. AsianChexMix macrumors regular

So I guess people who pre-ordered aren't going early....I was thinking of camping even though I got a pre-order. I was wanting to be the FIRST person to get the iPhone at the store I purchased it at....weird but I just find some fun in that.

17. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

I will be in line at my att store at 6:30 (pre order)

I still want it first... yea apple products make us all crazy eh?

18. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

I'll probably go to the Apple store during lunch break or either in the morning... mine is "reserved" whatever that means in Appleland.

19. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

20. golden3159 macrumors member

Sorry, but you are pathetic.

21. Ill Mitch macrumors member

Ill Mitch

22. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

yeah but how you gonna feel when you realize you wont be the first to have the new OMG iphone? :rolleyes: lol

23. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I was wondering it myself. I heard that most Apple Stores didn't run out of them last year. I have one "reserved" but that doesn't mean much of anything apparently, and since I am on a family plan, I can't pre-order it.

24. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I'm on the fence. I'm a line veteran, waited in line at best buy on Thanksgiving day at 12:00 am and 11 am two and three years ago (last years deals were way too lackluster), so I'm not worried about the actual waiting.

But the Apple Store I want to go to, while in an OK area, is also a college town which has had five robberies (2 I believe armed) in the past 3 months, so i'm afraid if I bring my MBP i'm not going to leave with it :(.

Decision Decisions....

Still I'll probably go out at about 2-3 am. It actually gets light out pretty early and there is a starbucks that's open at five and is well trafficked.

BTW I 'have a life' i'm just not the type of guy that complains when he doesn't get his way because he didn't roll out of bed soon enough. As soon as I get my stuff its off to work :D

25. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

I'm just gonna show up at 7 AM like I was told. Pre-order. Where I live isn't that big. Get in and out as fast as I can to get back to sleep. Should be back in bed by 7:45.