What time did online ordering start in USA?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ReflexReact, Mar 20, 2011.

1. ReflexReact macrumors 6502

I don't plan to queue, I plan to be one of the first people purchasing online. I need my ipad within 2 weeks of launch so that I can go on holiday with it.

My question: did the iPad2 start selling online at 5pm in America? I want to work out when to be refreshing :D Hopefully the first batch of online orders will be shipped quickly..

2. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

WHat date are we talking about? I am not certain I get your question?

3. ReflexReact thread starter macrumors 6502

I am trying to work out what time on Friday I will be able to place an order via the UK Apple Store? Midnight? 9am? 5pm?

I know that it launched @ 5pm in America - but what time did the US Apple Store start letting people place orders?

4. Mako5 macrumors regular

Mako5

I believe 1AM PST

5. Rafterman macrumors 68000

Online orders did start much earlier than in-store sales - officially 1AM West Coast time, 4AM East Coast time. Though some said the on-line store actually opened a little earlier than that.

All shop times opened at 5PM regardless of time zone.

6. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

Sorry I was not looking up your profile you are in the UK they said first midnight but changed it to 1am (that was Pacific time) but many still got to order before that I woke up at 4am (which was 1am Pacific time) and got first batch. Mine was hold so in Alaska for an extra day so I had gotten it Wednesday last week. Good luck LOL I hope that helped

7. IbisDoc macrumors 6502

1 AM Pacific Time, although the order page went live a little before that. Be warned, though - many of us who ordered at or before the official online launch have yet to receive our "free, fast shipping".

8. incongruity macrumors member

As someone who woke up early and ordered early, I say that if you really want one, wait in line. I'm still waiting on my ipad order (it's finally in transit), but people who ordered the same configuration got theirs shipped before mine. There's just no guaranteeing anything given the demand (and seeming lack of supply).

good luck!

9. paddyhazard macrumors regular

Same here, 24 hour flight to and from oz 2 1/2 weeks after the friday launch so really need to be one of the first to order. If the shipping is 2-3 weeks when i get there or when it starts, I'll probably order and wait and a couple of says before holiday, if it still hasn't shipped, i'll get an ipad 1 maybe :-(