What time do UK online pre orders open? Is there an order limit?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by logicpro7, Sep 10, 2014.

1. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

Anyone know what time the online pre orders start on friday in the uk?

Also, i need to order 4 iPhones for me, my wife and our two daughters to replace our two year old iPhone 5's.

Is there a order limit?

Thanks.

2. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Usually 8.00 am.

I believe the limit is two iPhones per order. Perhaps your wife can place a separate order for two?

3. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

Yep. 8am. Order by 8:10 if you want Friday 19th delivery.

4. logicpro7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks,
    Do you think i can order two on my Apple account and two on my wifes using my bank card for both orders?

5. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Not sure about using the same card. Could be a problem.

6. Fahad.a.c macrumors newbie

what models are you ordering?
    All same? i.e all 6 PLUS or all 6?

If not, similar to last year, it should be limited to 2 per customer PER model.
    eg. 2 x 6 AND 2 x 6+

7. zin macrumors 6502

How quickly do these initial batches sell out? The last iPhone I bought was a 4S so I've been out of the pre-order business for a good few years. :p

Will I still get mine shipped from September 19 if I order at say 6PM as opposed to first thing in the morning? Is anybody familiar with the previous iPhone pre-orders?

The last thing I want is my order pushed into late October...

8. stocklen macrumors member

I have pre-ordered every year... and 'normally' it opens at midnight, so might be from midnight tonight.

8am could also happen, but there is no information yet as to which it will be. I will be trying at midnight tonight.

I want the 4.7" which seems to be an advantage as everyone else seems to want the 5.5 (i wonder when the novelty wears off they will be moaning about the fact they can't carry it round in their pockets or sit down with it in there!)

Also, last year was a bit of a fiasco as they didn't really do a pre-order, and you could only order it on release day (then wait a further 2 weeks for delivery). Its nice to see that the pre-orders are back - reading between the lines there was way too little stock available for the 5s initially hence no pre-orders and prioritising what little stock they had to the stores.

Im hopeful that there is a reasonable amount of stock - just depends what one you want and whether you want it for the 19th. I would say if you want the 5.5 then get in there QUICK - within about half hour of pre-orders opening. I recon the 4.7 you would be OK for about half a day - just a guess though.

A friend of mine didn't pre-order for the iPhone 4. He regretted not doing so after I had successfully done so at midnight. He tried a day later, and although he missed the launch day delivery, his arrived 2 days later than mine. Not so bad. Hopefully things will be better this time around.

9. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

The 5 was only available from 8am. When has it been midnight?

10. RSG macrumors newbie

11. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

It can't be midnight here. Midnight in California yes which is 8am here. No way they'd let us order before them.

12. FazZa-3 macrumors regular

Fast. I pre-ordered the 5 and within about 20 minutes all orders placed after that were not guaranteed to be delivered on launch date. Best thing to do is be up at 8AM (or whatever time in your time zone) and ready to pre-order as fast as you can. The apple website crashed for me when trying to pre-order the 5 but everyone says the Apple Store App is the best and fastest way to pre-order. So best to try that.

----------

The 5 was 8am, and most i've heard is 8am again for this release. THIS IS FOR THE UK.

Some people are saying midnight, but it doesn't seem likely if i'm honest.

13. egraphixstudios macrumors 6502

egraphixstudios

Midnight in USA, which is 8am in UK, which is 8PM in Australia.

:apple:

14. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

Dunno where you pre-order from but, it sure wasn't apple uk at that time!:p

15. slippery macrumors member

Totally agree with using the Apple Store App to pre-order your iPhone 6 the website was a nightmare when I tried to Pre-order my iPhone 5

16. FazZa-3 macrumors regular

Yeah, it had crashed completely about 10-15 mins after launch and i nearly had a panic attack but thankfully the Apple Store App worked without any problems.:cool: