What time do you goto bed and what time do you stop using your mac? (18 and under!)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bluedoggiant, May 19, 2008.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Really simple.

Just state your general "bed" time

When you usually stop using your mac

And your grade level!

I just wanna see how people end their days...AND MAC DAYS! :D.

2. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I'm a freshman (9th grade) and In usually go to bed around 12 or 1. Not to say I'm on my Mac til then. Usually I get off my iBook around 9 or 10, and then get on my PC for the rest of the night. (easier for me to use a desktop at night)

3. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

sophomore (10th grade (15)) and I go to bed about 10 or 11, gotta get sleep :eek: If I have a lot of homework I'll stay up later. I usually use my mac just about until I go to bed.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

For those of us who aren't in the know with all these, frankly odd, terms such as sophomore and freshman can someone explain.

Or alternatively you could just post your age.

5. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

High school, at least here in the states, is four years long, from grades 9 to 12. Each year is referred to as a name. Here's the list:

1st year: Freshman
    2nd year: Sophomore
    3rd year: Junior
    4th year: Senior

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

7. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Well, it doesn't always happen like this (Someone starting school a year early or late obviously wouldn't fit in this description) but generally:

Freshman: 14-15
    Sophomore: 15-16
    Junior:16-17
    Senior:17-18

8. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

I try to be asleep by 9:30 or 10. 12 or later and I'm totally exhausted. Something about getting up at 5 to go to work makes one value sleep. Oh, and I'm just shy of 19.

9. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

2-3 then I get tired and plop down in my bed.

10. fuzorsilverbolt macrumors member

MAC Bed Time

I'm 27, have an associates in Computer Sciences and my MAC goes to bed at 4:30pm every day because I only have it at work. I usually goto bed around 11pm-12am.

I'm not sure if my MAC goes to bed really because when I leave work for the day I just close the lid on my ibook and plug it into the charger. It's an old 12" G4 1.2Ghz with 256mb memory. I like it better than a windoze box because "hibernation" just works without borking the system and it doesn't take forever to come back from sleeping since I have it in and out of my small travel bag all day long since I hop from client to client serving their computer repair requirements. So yea, if a windoze box knew how to sleep/hybernate properly I would use a PC but it seems like windows can't do anything good at all so bleh. That and the G4 doesn't get hot at all, its just an awesome machine. :)

11. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

12th grade - I will almost always get off the computer by 12 and end up getting to bed around 1-1:30 unless I'm really tired and pass out before then on my bed :rolleyes:

12. bbbensen macrumors 6502

Im in 8th grade, but I only have one more day left (Finals.......) until 9th/high school! :D

I am usually in bed between 10-11, mostly because my dad has a hissy fit about me not getting in bed on time.

My iBook is used till I go to bed. I usually use it while Im brushing too. :p

13. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Enjoy your last day, my friend. Next year, you're one of the "fishes".;) A very small fish, I might add, compared to those seniors.:D

My iBook can run for about four or five hours before it gets hot enough to nearly burn me, and thats when I shut it down for the night. I'm planning to get a PowerMac G3 B&W for a "Night Machine" to replace my PC in that duty, but things cost money, and I need to save up for an iPod first. :)

14. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

Ugh, my macbook and teh internetz keep my up all night. I used to go to bed around 10/11 but now my average is usually 1-2. And sad thing is, I don't do any homework.

Senioritis is a bitch.

Oh, and yea, I'm a senior (17)

15. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Mostly by 12:00

I got 5 AP classes so I have a ton of homework to do.

And I'm a senior(12th grade)

I get on to my MBP at around 4:30 and am on until 6. Then I start doing my homework till 8:30-11ish. I go to internet in between. :D

Its too hard not to. :p

16. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Well I am over 18 now, but when I was in Highschool, I was usually in bed by around 11pm. I usually used the computer up until 10pm and then read or did other things.

17. bbbensen macrumors 6502

Ho shnap.

Seniors scare me. Most high schoolers scare me, cept for my 10th grade buddy. Its going to be like being a 6th grader all over again. *sigh*:(

At least I have a free block now! :p

18. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

Im 18 and I just finished up my first two semesters at college.

My normal bed time was 2am, and now it is more like 1:30 just because I do more stuff now that I don't have any classes :)

19. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

i am a freshman.

bed around 12 - 1 AM
    off the iMac at around 7-8ish PM
    Homework 8-10ish PM

20. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

When I was 14-18 I used to go to bed around 1-2AM and stop using my ibook/macbook around 3-4AM.

21. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

I'm a 17-year-old junior. I usually stop using my Mac right before bed; around 11:30-12:30. I go to sleep abou 10 minutes I get off of my Mac, unless I get stuck watching something interesting in the living room. Bedtime is usually 12:30.

22. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

Trust me it isn't that bad. I'm a senior now and I don't think most even bother picking on the freshman. It's really immature, because 4 years ago I was in your shoes. The was this whole "Freshman Friday" thing going around the school where the seniors would dump the freshman in garbage cans, but that never happens. Once you start meeting new people and getting into the whole high school experience, you'll love it.

Oh back on subject, I just turned 18 and my bed time is usually 11:30-1:00 depending on how tired I am. When I'm not at work, I get on my MacBook at 12 in the afternoon, and use it on and off until 11 at night. If I have to work that day, I get off at 5:30 and start using the MB at 6 and won't get off until 10 or 11.

As mentioned earlier, I'm a senior.

23. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I'm a good boy! :D I usually get to bed around 10:30 on school nights, and that's also when I stop using my Mac, though sometimes I use it to play some soothing music to help me sleep. I'm a high school senior.

24. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

Well, im a freshman, i usually try to go to sleep early on weekdays (between 10 and 12)

25. minicoop503 macrumors regular

Trust me, as least where I go to school, it isn't bad at all. I'm just finishing up my freshman year, and seriosly, the seniors don't really care lol. I haven't heard of any freshman getting beat up or any of that.