What time does 5th Ave NYC store sell new shipments?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ncds, Mar 15, 2011.

1. ncds macrumors newbie

Went to both 14th St and Soho stores this morning, which did not open an hour earlier, contrary to rumours. 14th St was only selling various white models, but they were nice enough to announce that a little after 8am, which allowed me to make it down to Soho by 830. The people there manning the line had no clue what models they had in stock until the store opened at 9am. They had no AT&T models, and in about 20 minutes were sold out of everything except white Verizon 64GB.
    When does the 5th Ave store sell its new shipments? I would assume they have the biggest and most frequent shipments, but being 24/7, when a good time to get there??

2. vladtheimpaler macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

Usually as soon as they arrive.

3. Solfeggio4 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I was told yesterday that they get their shipments in between 7 and 10 AM and immediately sell what they have. I was too lazy to get my ass up this morning though. Going to shop around a little this afternoon and see what I can find.

4. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I hate people like the person who replied with "whenever they arrive." Obviously the OP was asking when, if anyone with knowledge was willing to share, does the 5th Ave Apple Store usually get shipments of newly released products. Anyone from around here who has been to the 5th Ave store with knowledge will tell you that it is usually early morning anytime between 6AM and 10AM.

5. radiohead14, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011

radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

anyway, to the op: i walk by the apple store quite often as i work right by it, and they get their shipments in at random times. but lately i've been seeing them come in around 7-8am, and in the past 2 days, they've been sold out by noon.

6. ncds thread starter macrumors newbie

Answered

I went to 5th Ave this morning. They have no shipment today b/c of St Patty's parade. The salesguy told me they usually get a shipment everyday. He said people start lining up very early in the morning. Then at 6am people will be told whether there is a new stock. And they start selling around 9am.