Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TinaBelcher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2017
Finally got it installed on the iPad.. Am I the only one whoexperience lag? I can’t explain it. It’s faster but laggy at the same time. I really hope this isn’t the case with my iPhone X that’s currently installing.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
O.K. of course :)

Don't even worry about battery life today. It's going to suck. You'll probably find, even if not consciously, you'll be using your device more than usual over the next couple of days (iOS 12 will actually inform you of this in the battery settings with a "Since an OS update you have been using your device more than usual which impacts battery life" message) so you'll likely be on the charger faster then too. The OS and your usage patterns will settle and things will return to normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: HobbesInVA

vhl71

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2009
So it is confirmed that if you're on the GM udpate, you won't get this update as they're the same??

TinaBelcher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2017
Ok, I’m really pissed. Wasn’t iOS 12 not supposed to remove that dark layer over the home screen wallpaper? My wallpaper is so dull!:mad:

Agent2015

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
Sonoran Desert
Finally got it installed on the iPad.. Am I the only one whoexperience lag? I can’t explain it. It’s faster but laggy at the same time. I really hope this isn’t the case with my iPhone X that’s currently installing.
Give your devices a few hours to stabilize after installing iOS 12. There are some magical things happening in the background that can result in some lag immediately after installation. You'll be golden very soon! iOS 12 on my iPhone X, 2017 iPad and iPhone 6 is running fantastically.

cola79

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013

The only permanent „lag“ is that Safari constantly reloads the page when you go back to the previous page.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Give your devices a few hours to stabilize after installing iOS 12. There are some magical things happening in the background that can result in some lag immediately after installation. You'll be golden very soon! iOS 12 on my iPhone X, 2017 iPad and iPhone 6 is running fantastically.

I agree. I don’t know if it’s a placebo effect but I swear my 2018 iPad and iPhone 8 Plus feel like they’re running faster and smoother than ever!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.