Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
I would have thought apple would use the akamai caching service

maybe they do and even then its still being hammered

----------

first GB done, 4 more to go

zzzzz

My download sped up and finished ahead of the original estimate. I ended up getting excellent speed on the download..pretty near maximum possible.

coasterghost

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2013
Live in New Jersey, I pulled about 10-15mbps down on it. This is from my Firewall app:
nsdF5yB.png

SXj478K.png

Bandit1977

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2012
if you want to know if the build number is different then it IS different than PB6

I have downloaded the final build 14A389 from another source, because of the slow Apple servers. Now I want to check, if it's the original one.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
you mean it won't install after downloading automatically?

will it be stored and allow me to install it whenever i want?

Leave on the desktop, don't click on it, do the terminal install on a USB thumb drive, and it will go pretty fast. About 20 minutes or so. After doing so it will be stored in "LaunchPad"

Mad101daN

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2008

No it will not install automatically you will have to hit continue and a few nexts.

Yes it is stored in the Applications folder, once you install it, it will get deleted from the applications folder. You can however copy it to another location before installing it to save you having to redownload it if you wish to install it on another machine.

dsim87

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2008
Download complete but stuck on the Installing screen. "About 21 minutes remaining" has been on the screen for appx 10 minutes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.