what time to line up at at&t?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by agallowa, Jun 22, 2010.

1. agallowa macrumors regular

agallowa

is midnight a good time to show up at at&t to get two 32gb's? is that far enough ahead to be pretty much garanteed two of them? i know this release is probley going to be the biggest ever for apple so im just a little worried is all. and at&t will have some set aside for people doing walk ins on the 24th right? just making sure there entire stock isnt just for the preorders picking up on the 25th or something. thanks

2. r2b2007 macrumors regular

Depends on if you have Apple stores in your area. If there are Apple stores 5AM is probably OK, 3-4AM for insurance. This according to a few AT&T stores I called. If no Apple stores your midnight time should be fine.

3. agallowa thread starter macrumors regular

agallowa

ok well there are two apple stores about 15 miles in opposite direction from the att store i was thinking of

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I remember for the 3G that I got to the AT&T store about 5AM and I was like the 2nd or 3rd person in line. This was in the south suburbs of Chicago. Just scour the area.

5. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

6. agallowa thread starter macrumors regular

agallowa

k thanks i appreciate it guys. its nice to have real help and answers to questions. not just stupid answers or badgering ive noticed a ton of that latley on here.

7. bluer101 macrumors regular

I'm thinking of going around 12-1 am at my local store. I was told by a employee to get there early. They also said one per person even if you have a family plan which sucks. So now I need to find someone to wait the night with me.:(

8. atticus27 macrumors regular

atticus27

I'll be lining up at about 4am for the 7am opening. They're was only 2 other ppl in line at 6 when I went for the 3G. I think midnight would be a pretty long wait.

9. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

This is how I look at it...I was going to show up around 4 am to my AT&T store. Then I got to thinking how stupid I would feel if I were late by an hour. 2 hours.

So, there is no TOO early. I would rather wait an extra hour or two than be late by an hour or two. Anyway, what all that means is that I will be showing up at 12:30. I have a feeling I'll be first in line which is cool with me. Im bringing my MacBook, my iPod, my Crazy Uncle to wait in line with, and my iPhone.

There's a gas station and micky-D's nearby. Can't Wait!

Blonde Buddhist

10. drewraffe macrumors newbie

I'm going at 7pm Wednesday night. I know this is extreme but I have nothing better to do and I really want a 32gb. I just have a feeling that if I show up at 12 or show up at 3 that there will be so others waiting and they all too will want the 32gb.

Of course by this time tomorrow I could completely change my mind and not go till midnight.

I know... I'm crazy. I wish I had a way to charge my macbook pro up during the night... the batter sucks on this thing its so old so it won't last longer then 10 minutes. I may go up to the Apple store tomorrow and get a new battery.

I'd also go later if I could go to an Apple store but I have to go to an AT&T store because my upgrade isn't till 6/26 but the manager told me he'd bump me up in the morning of the 24th. I've just read that AT&T won't have as many walk in phones as Apple. So I'd rather be safe and suffer for a little but then be sorry and suffer till sometime after July 14th.

11. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

I showed up at my AT&T store at 1 AM for the 3G launch and waited by myself, except for one lonely off-duty cop who had been laid on to provide security, until 6:00, when about 20 others began trickling in. I have a feeling this one will be different. The only thing I'm hoping for is that so many people pre-ordered/reserved that the line for walk-ins will be reduced. Of course, so, probably, will the inventory available for walk-ins, negating any advantage. Nothing like being #10 in line and being told "We're out, sorry." :(

12. robd54 macrumors member

Has anyone else heard this too? I thought it was 1 per line. I'm upgrading my wife's line and adding a line (for mine cause i'm not eligible). There's no way she can come with me (have a toddler at home). I should be able to do both, hopefully!

13. bluer101 macrumors regular

Thats what I was told by the store employee. I'm trying to get my brother in law to join me while waiting. I told him I will buy the food for temptation, lol. If he cannot make it I will just have my wife bring my son to the store around 5 am when she normally gets up. Hope no one will be upset with him showing up and joining me.