What time to line up at the Apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shootingrubber, Sep 16, 2014.

1. shootingrubber macrumors 6502

I live in a pretty populated city and I have lined up for other Apple products before. But I'm not sure what time to line up for.

When I lined up for the iPhone 5 two years ago I got there around 3AM and I was probably about 30-40th in line. I suspect the line will be longer for this release.

I'm looking to get an iPhone 6 Plus and an iPhone 6, both on a hardware upgrade. Also, we're looking to get the 64GB models.

Thoughts?

2. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

Every single thread I've seen about this has the people saying they are thinking about getting there "around 3am" thus I'd go for at least 2am. It seems to mentally be the breaking point of night vs very early morning...

3. anthonybkny macrumors 6502

anthonybkny

4. shootingrubber thread starter macrumors 6502

I haven't read much of these forums lately, so that seems to be good advice.

I was honestly just thinking of going at 10PM to 12AM with a lawn chair and working throughout the night (I usually stay up for most of the night working anyways).

5. cmhsam macrumors 6502

Isn't it nice that apple does these launches during the middle of the school year so we don't have to mess with the k12 students. I remember one year apple did their launch during the summer and it was utter chaos at the Apple Store. Parents let their kids camp out!

6. Rafterman macrumors 68000

If you didn't post that while in line at the Apple Store, you are too late.

7. billycuth macrumors 6502a

I was 12th in line last year at my local mall Apple Store. I got there around 3 AM.

It all depends on the area you live in. I live in a burb of Philly, so it's a little more crowded.