What time will 3.0 be available to download

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tucker61, Jun 15, 2009.

1. tucker61 macrumors regular

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

why not just wake up at anytime on the 17th and check itunes it will be there when it will be there no1 on here knows exact times

3. bradleydavid53 macrumors member

idk.. but in the USA i will be staying up until 3am Cupertino, CA time in hopes of DL it:)

4. InkMaster macrumors 6502a

Sigh :( I envy you guys. I've been using it for months now and have already been bored with it, you still have all the excitement ahead of you :(

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I know what you mean, I have tried a couple of betas out too and I tried the GM release which doesn't require you to be a developer and well yeh I was like hmmm yeh whats the big fuss? I hope the GM release is not a reflection of the final release otherwise people will go from being excited to bitching

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Hopefully sometime on Wednesday if it's truly a worldwide release on the 17th.

Otherwise sometime on Thursday.

Australian Apple site says 17th so....

7. InkMaster macrumors 6502a

It is final. Don't expect anything new at all. I think the real excitement of 3.0 will come when companies start releasing additional hardware which can interact with the apps :)

8. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

jesus christ thats going to be an awful first day release, I upgraded to 3.0 and I think within the first 10 mins I had a serious freeze up and was forced to do a hard reboot. I think my 1st gen is sticking to 2.2.1 till a more stable build is released lol

Chundles: it will be a worldwide 17th release meaning australia will get the update first (unless theres a country before you that sees the 17th first.... I'm not good with the time zones lol)

9. neonblue2 macrumors 6502a

The great sheep-loving state of Australia, New Zealand, will get it before the rest of Australia then. :p

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

So the ram-rooters and sheep-shaggers will get it before us. Fair enough. Won't clog up the lines too much as the 3 millionaires in Un Zud who could afford the highway robbery that is mobile phone ownership in the land of the long white cloud do their updates.

11. okatidubi macrumors regular

Apple Singapore says June 18th which means we'll only be able to download when it is released in the US.

12. wanrik macrumors newbie

It is true that 17th will be the date of issuance of 3.0 don't lose the hope. i am not sure i think i will be in on 17th .

13. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

I just hope they don't protect their XML file again and I can download it for free like last time! :p

14. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

can guarantee there will be a leak within 5 hours I bet. Hell you could get the GM release off the net within a couple hours of release

15. AlmostJosh macrumors 6502

AlmostJosh

+1