What Time Will Apple Online Start Pre-Orders on iPhone4? What Time Has History Shown?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconman515, Jun 10, 2010.

1. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

I will be ordering online on the 15th and am curious what has history shown as a time of night or morning that they have started taking pre-order in the past?

I worry that if I make my order late in the day that I will be at the end of the list and may not get mine on day1. Is this possible to get mine after thousand of others have already pre-ordered and mine be pushed back a day or two so the early orders are filled first?

Just want to prepare and be online ready to place my order at whatever time of night it may possibly be.

Thanks for any info you can provide. Obviously there is no way of knowing but this is the 4th iPhone so 3 others in the past may give us an idea on when to be ready. :)

2. Krayd2k macrumors member

Someone said that it doesn't matter wat time u pre order.. Let said u were the first one that doesn't mean your phone would leave the warehouse first

3. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

apple will probably release that info in the next few days.

4. rajbonham macrumors 6502

I wouldn't even worry about it. Last year I ordered my 3GS a day or two after they started accepting pre-orders. My phone still got delivered on the release date.

Honestly, I would probably wait until after the initial rush to order. Odds are, the servers will be slow/crash from too many people trying to order at one time.

5. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

5:03am Tuesday morning.....

Well to tell you the truth, no one knows. Apple has been sporadic on every preorder they’ve released. Good luck finding out though!

6. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Ya but the pre-rders for this iPhone will be WAY WAY hotter than the 3GS .... as we all know the 3GS wasnt that hot of a phone and for alot of people wasnt a worthy upgrade... this one on the other hand is so comparing anything to the 3GS release is not the same at all. Now comparing it to the 3g release now were in the same ballpark.

7. Built macrumors 68020

No news yet on this issue.

Sign up for notifications from Apple via their website. I am sure they will reveal it within the next few days.

8. Built macrumors 68020

I agree completely.

9. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Not that hot of a phone? They sold a million of them in 3 days.

10. msavwah macrumors 6502

iPad preorders were live at 7am central time and we had at least a day or two notice, maybe a week can't remember that part for sure.

This is the most recent info I have to go by, but like others have said they should announce it soon and if you hang around here you will know early enough.