Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Does anyone know or have a guess if we will be able order on Monday for in-store pick up on the release day? Or is this just preorders for home delivery?

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
Does anyone know or have a guess if we will be able order on Monday for in-store pick up on the release day? Or is this just preorders for home delivery?

I'd say it's a possibility, though I think not. I think this will just be fore delivery, though you may be able to get one on launch day in the store just picking it up, I doubt there'll be huge lines.

Also, I don't think Apple will state a launch date, which makes it less likely. This feels like the iPad Air 2 launch when they said, 'It'll be available for preorder tomorrow and in stores later next week'.

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
Probably midnight but if you wake up and order it before noon i bet you could still get in that first wave.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
With the exception of iPhones and other major new launch pre-orders, new products go on sale at approximately 6:00am PT. That's what time the new iMacs and Magic Accessories hit earlier this month.

SlipperySlop

Suspended
Sep 14, 2015
My money is on 1pm EST which is when most Apple products except iPhones go on sale.

Probably midnight but if you wake up and order it before noon i bet you could still get in that first wave.

With the exception of iPhones and other major new launch pre-orders, new products go on sale at approximately 6:00am PT. That's what time the new iMacs and Magic Accessories hit earlier this month.

I think I'll take the average and shoot for 7 am, Russian Standard Time.:rolleyes:

shacky

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
I wish there were an app or even a text service that would tell you when they go on sale. Wouldn't it be cool if you could sign up on the Apple web site and as soon as the TV (or other products you are waiting for) go on sale, they send you a text?

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I wish there were an app or even a text service that would tell you when they go on sale. Wouldn't it be cool if you could sign up on the Apple web site and as soon as the TV (or other products you are waiting for) go on sale, they send you a text?

The problem is....services like that are always delayed. They send you a text/email hours later. I know some people run scripts which alert them when the apple store goes down and comes back up.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool

If you will be around your computer most of the day you could use an auto refresh extension to see when the store goes down and comes back up.

Swampthing

Suspended
Mar 5, 2004
Don't forget the scalpers. Need doesn't have to be there for an Apple product. Scalpers will always take care of the initial supply and put them on eBay.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Don't forget the scalpers. Need doesn't have to be there for an Apple product. Scalpers will always take care of the initial supply and put them on eBay.

HIGHLY doubt there will be any scalping going on for this product, this will be a very easy product to get

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
HIGHLY doubt there will be any scalping going on for this product, this will be a very easy product to get

As soon as u let ur guard down u miss out on the first wave. Believe it or not, there wasn't much hype
There really isn't much hype for this product

As soon as u let ur guard down u miss out on the first wave. And there wasn't much hype for the Apple Watch either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.