What time will iPhone 4 pre-orders start on the Apple Store website?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by walds11, Jun 8, 2010.

1. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Any ideas? Someone on another thread said that iPad pre-orders started at 8:30am EST. I wonder if it will be the same for the iPhone 4? I called Apple this afternoon. No word on the pre-order time yet. Rep said to check the Apple Store website or call in the upcoming days for more info. The 3GS pre-ordering process was a breeze...pre-ordered on 6/11 and was shipped to me on launch day 6/19. Can't beat that. As you can see, I waited a few days to pre-order. I ain't waiting this time around. I just want to know what time so I can plan my day (or night).

2. dave006 Contributor

dave006

NO we don't know the time for Apple or AT&T just yet. The iPad time may or may not have anything to do with this major pre-order internet crunch that awaits us next week. :eek::confused::D

You can sign up at Apple to be notified but I am sure we will here it here before you get that email.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/notify-me/

Dave

3. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did sign up for the notification email. You are right, we will probably hear it here before we get the email.

The rep also said that they go off of PST. So, for example, 12:00am PST would be 3:00am EST for me :( I'll wake up in the middle of the night if that's the case. I am sure that it won't sell out within a few hours, but I want to get my pre-order in as soon as possible to get it in and over with.

4. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

what you do is go to the preorder screen and keep hiting refresh. you better start at 12:01am:D

5. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nah, I am not going to stay up all night. If the pre-orders go live at 12:01am PST (3:00AM EST) and I miss it in the beginning and end up waking up at 4:00, 5:00 or 6:00am, I am sure that they won't be sold out.

6. OutlawImmortal macrumors regular

OutlawImmortal

I will get home from work about that time and do exactly that as I go through my forums/email/facebook/other stuff checks before I got to bed.

7. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am definitely not going to stay up all night refreshing the webpage.

Was the iPad pre-order time announced ahead of time?

8. monksealpup macrumors regular

Yes.

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

you will know! it will be all over Macrumors and twitter and probably local news as well.

10. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

It's like drop/add week lol

Boy do I miss college.....

11. doompod macrumors newbie

sell out

I doubt they will sell out. Definitely within a day I'd say. Well at least for the ones that'll ship and arrive on June 24th. I'm order mine about 5 minutes or so after the time. Cuz there's no way I'm going through that process just to figure out my time is not the same as Apple's :p But of course, I will probably keep hitting refresh and see what happens ;)

12. Built macrumors 68020

I guess we all just need to stay tuned.

There appears to be more of a "buzz" and anticipation about the iPhone 4, than there was about the 3GS....This could be attributable to a variety of factors, or could be my own heightened awareness because I AM getting an iPhone 4 but decided to skip the 3GS before rollout.

13. walds11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sweet. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled out.

14. PsyD4Me macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

I'm not pulling a Desmond from Lost either

15. rizzy macrumors member

Can you pre-order online to have it picked up at an Apple Store? or do you have to go into an Apple store and reserve it to pick it up there?

16. cirial macrumors regular

I was wondering this too.. I may just stop into an Apple store next Tuesday morning.

17. gostan macrumors regular

9 AM eastern time to allow west coasters a 6 AM start time

18. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I'm not taking my chances, I'll be up at 3AM to preorder :) (EST here)

Of course, I would hope that they actually start preorders at some more sane time like 8 or 10 AM PST.

19. cecoleman macrumors regular

For early upgraders.. how does Apple know what situation you are in determining the costs?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

20. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Seriously, though. How many of you guys are happy that we don't have to stand on line at Apple and AT&T stores this time around?

Just get on the website, preorder, and have it shipped to your home or workplace.

I guess they learned from the iPad preorder method and it worked out quite nicely.

21. schwell macrumors regular

There systems interact with AT&T's systems. They can't give you an upgrade unless they know you are an AT&T customer and know your eligibility status.

22. SnapMac macrumors newbie

Just a heads up. Several CC processing center employees from various places have stated that they are ramping up their preparation for online orders beginning at 12:00AM PST due to the online Apple Store starting pre orders at this time. Just thought I would pass it along.

23. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

This is kind of silly ... withholding the open time ... I'm not sure I get why they do it?