Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nooaah

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I know the Apple store will begin sales at 5pm but is this necessarily true for stores like Best Buy and Target? I work in an office and there's no way I'm getting out at 3 on Friday. I was thinking I could drop by early and see if I got lucky at Wal-Mart with an employee who wouldn't know better.

Saberj

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
I know the Apple store will begin sales at 5pm but is this necessarily true for stores like Best Buy and Target? I work in an office and there's no way I'm getting out at 3 on Friday. I was thinking I could drop by early and see if I got lucky at Wal-Mart with an employee who wouldn't know better.

I believe Wal-Mart can street date their items in the computers these days so that it's impossible to sell without a manager override, which I doubt you could get.

Davichi

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2011
Apple will put restriction on all of their retailers to start selling them at 5PM. Whether all the reps will follow that instruction or not is a topic for another thread.

I have seen bunch of other products are sold way ahead of launch day/time.

nooaah

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Apologies for the redundant thread. Didn't realize another thread sort of touched on this. I guess I'll try one of the three local Apple stores in my area around 5:30 and keep my fingers crossed for the 32 or 64gb wifi. Ugh.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Apologies for the redundant thread. Didn't realize another thread sort of touched on this. I guess I'll try one of the three local Apple stores in my area around 5:30 and keep my fingers crossed for the 32 or 64gb wifi. Ugh.

Won't be the last time it is asked between now and Friday ;)

tomandshell

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
I would guess that retailers who want to be able to sell the iPad 3 will be selling the iPad 2 at 5 pm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.