What time will preorders start?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheScappian, Mar 5, 2010.

1. TheScappian macrumors regular

They say March 12th, but does that mean 12am eastern time or pacific time or some reasonable time like 8am in the morning on the 12th? Sorry, fanboy fever taking over.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Relax.

3. cube macrumors G5

4. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

Friday March 12th 9am EST>
    Day has been posted.

5. gonzaload1987 macrumors regular

12345...:D

Luckily i'll wait for the 3g version and i don't have money for it yet, so it is the best way for calming down my nerves :p

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

ummm..March 12th is a Friday.;)

7. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

I want to know too, simply because what time you sign up on March 12th could determine when you get your ipad.

If you sign up right after its available, you probably will get your ipad the same day its released. But if you wait until later in the day, there might be so many people signed up for pre-orders that you won't get your ipad shipped to you until well after the release date.

8. TheScappian thread starter macrumors regular

trying to relax . . . .om . . . . om . . . . .

9. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

I agree! For me, I just want to assure that I get one. So, the quantity may be limited, because they want some available on launch day, too. So, everyone pre-order, then it will sellout fast.

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I said this earlier in a different post, Apple said in its Press Release that they will sell the iPad online (apple.com), Apple Retail Stores and selected Authorized retailers (which could be Best Buy, Walmart, Radio Shack in the US)

Their will be plenty to go around, and considering they will begin selling on a saturday, I'm sure Apple will have enough stock to meet demands for the weekend, and then restock during the week.

and I don't remember the iPhone 3GS online pre-orders being on a first-come-first-basis. Apple has a cut off date for you to be able to place your order and still receive it on time. the iPhone 3GS was released friday, June 26 2009, all pre-orders had to be placed by the 22nd or 23rd with standard shipping (apple did free rush delivery)

11. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

There isn't going to be a mad frenzy to buy a big iPod touch when another big iPod touch with GPS & 3G is around the corner.

12. msduncan macrumors 6502

It's just such a pleasure to read responses to questions on this forum. Let me just save people the trouble and give a rundown of every series of responses for any thread posted here:

1. The guy that seems to know you better than YOU do. He knows when you need the iPad, IF you need the iPad, and why it is perfectly ok for you to wait longer than launch day for the iPad.

2. The guy that hates the iPad, but for some reason WON'T GO AWAY. He just hangs around dumping on everyone's threads giving reasons why you should get a life and not bother.

3. The guy that counterpoints and argues with any point at all no matter what it is.

4. The guy that posts a USELESS response. usually snarky and adds zero value to the thread or forum. Case in point: "Relax". In all cases, he neither answers the question in a useful manner, or even attempts to answer the question. Clutter.

5. The guy that apparently has a personal line to Jobs. He knows how many units will be available. He knows how widely available the product is going to be. He knows everything with absolute confidence even though he has absolutely no basis for knowing any of it.

13. Sandy Santra macrumors 6502

Seriously, I'm with the OP: WHEN will the pre-order gates be opened? Will it be 12:01 AM March 12 EST? And will the accessories be available at the same time.

Need to know.

14. mac jones macrumors 68040

15. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

i agree you guys just need to relax. ok i don't know for a fact how many will be avail. if your on MacRumors on the 12th at least 1 person will post the second it has become avail for preorder.

this site is the best for usefull Mac info just like knowing when stuff becomes avail

16. samcraig macrumors P6

Is it not hypocritical for you to infer my post is clutter and then post something completely off topic? Clutter indeed.

17. zedsdead macrumors 68040

The Apple Store usually goes goes down in the morning and come up around 9:30 am EST. That doesn't mean anything, but it is the usual trend.

18. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

Dont forget that if you pre-order on the 12th that's still 3 whole weeks before release! That's plenty of time in manufacturing terms to rev up production if needed... child labor or not! ;)
    Of course there could always be some act of GOD but I think it's highly likely you will get your iPad on time if you pre-order. The only question that Apple has yet to answer is if you will get it on Saturday or Monday!:)

19. msduncan macrumors 6502

Relax

20. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

I hope you're right, either way I'll try to pre-order it as soon as possible, most likely the morning of the 12th.

21. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

even if you dont per-order you prob get one on day 1

22. JimTigerPT macrumors member

JimTigerPT

Amazon pre orders?

Anyone have any idea if Amazon will have pre-orders? Nothing posted yet it seems.

23. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

24. Pheelyx macrumors regular

Pheelyx

I wanna know the exact time, for this very reason. I pre-ordered the first generation iPhone. The sight was running so slow that it took me 30 minutes after it went on sale to get mine ordered. The people who got ordered in first 30 minutes got it on release day. I got mine two weeks later. So does make a difference.

25. diabolic macrumors 68000

They didn't do pre-orders for the first iPhone.

For the 3GS, they had a cutoff date. If you ordered before that date, you got it on release day. You won't need to get your pre-order in during the first couple of hours to get the iPad on release day.