What time will the iPhone go on Sale?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by syclonefx, Jun 14, 2008.

1. syclonefx macrumors regular

syclonefx

I've called Apple and At&t about this. I got the same answer from At&t store and At&t sales, "the phone won't go on sale when the store open. It will go on sale some time during the day." Apple stated "it will probably the same as last year. Goes on sale @ 6PM. All Apple stores will close @ 4PM to prep for the sale of the iPhone and then it will re-open @ 6PM to iPhone sale the." I hope this isn't the case if their is a mandatory activation in store for the iPhone, that means you be standing in line even longer.

2. davefbop macrumors newbie

davefbop

Just curious, how many iphones ya think will be avail at a given store on launch day? 20-50, 50-100? Being thats it's a "worldwide" launch hopefully it wont be spread too thin.

3. Dr Lu 2010 macrumors member

Noone can say for sure at this point, but my gut tells me that the apple stores will have more supplies then the att stores.. luckily i live across the street from one :D

4. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

how late did apple stay open selling the iphones last year after the second opening?

5. mmoosa macrumors 6502

mmoosa

3G iPhone is to go on sale at exactly 7:11pm

the 7 is for July and 11 is the day in July!

6. matty2345 macrumors newbie

Is that in the US? Coz its not the time it will go on sale in the UK.

7. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

i doubt they will be keen to promote the date 7/11 as that was the date of a bomb attack in london a few years back. release on that date yes, but emphasise the date, no.

8. newyorksole macrumors 68030

9. mmoosa macrumors 6502

mmoosa

OMG, I'm not trying to start a fight or anything or trying to be mean in any way possible but, are you a retard? The London attacks were on 7/7 (7th July) NOT 7/11!:):):)

and from the devils mouth(O2) it is being released in each of the countries releasing on 7/11 at 7:11pm in corresponidng regional times, so not at the same time worldwide.

10. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

maybe a 6pm thang, i dont remember the stores closing last year though, i remember they closed for the leopard launch though. mind you i wasnt workin on the launch day for iphone so not sure

11. matty2345 macrumors newbie

Who at O2 told you that? Cos it's incorrect!

12. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

perhaps he simply made a mistake about this date, and making a mistake doesn't mean he's a retard. there's no need to insult others here - ease up. :rolleyes:

13. KainAussie macrumors newbie

no 1 will line up for the iphone in australia

14. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Why are people quoting times as if they're fact? I haven't seen a single piece of proof to say either are correct.....I've seen 6pm (purely based on the original product launch), store opening time, and now this 7:11 thing.
    All my local o2 stores are inside a shopping mall that do not stay open late enough so I cannot see how a 6pm/7:11pm launch is going to be feasable, but that is just my opinion, no facts.