What time will ups deliver?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aPple nErd, Sep 18, 2014.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

So its next day air for me. Im worried that i wont gwt my phone tomorrow since i have to leave for work at 3:30 pm. Do iphones usually get delivered earlier or later? I just dont want to miss out on it since im skipping school tomorrow to wait for it.

2. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

I usually get ups packages in the early afternoon, but they deliver up until 7 or 8. Tomorrow will be a busy day-it just depends where you fall on the route

3. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

So i might be skipping school for nothing? Crap.

4. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

I'm leaving for a show at 6pm....... with my luck, I can petty much guarantee they won't deliver it until 6:01 - 8pm lol

5. 1968 macrumors regular

Random people on the internet are supposed to know your local UPS workload, routes, schedule, etc? We don't even know where you live. NYC? East Jibip, TX on a dirt road?

Seems like skipping school might not be your best choice.

6. soleilvie macrumors member

Have you ever had something delivered by UPS or noticed UPS trucks in your area? It all depends on their route. Could be delivered first thing in the morning or later in the evening.

7. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

They get started really early. Honestly, I'd be surprised if it weren't there by 3:30. They'll be hustling.

8. EJ8 Suspended

EJ8

Holy shiot I just busted out laffing.

9. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

Sounds like you need to skip school and work...:D

----------

I know what you mean. The later I stay up on these forums, the funnier everything seems...

10. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

Each UPS area depot has a designated truck just for iPhones. So it really depends on what part of the route you are on. Could be any time during the day. Best advice is to stay home and keep refreshing your tracking. Also - if you call UPS and tell them the best 30 minute time window to deliver it to you, that is helpful for them. It helps in the logistics of planning their route.

11. Steve686 macrumors 68040

Steve686

The OP needs to stay in school. He's already having a hard time relaying his questions into something anyone could answer without being a psychic.

12. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

Honestly they tend to just follow the same pattern everyday. I usually get my UPS packages between 2 and 3PM everyday. Last year I think the iPhone slowed it down just a bit but it was in that ballpark.

When I pre-ordered the iPad 3 a few years ago it showed up to my house at like 7pm.

I'm lucky this time around because I have two additional UPS packages being delivered tomorrow and both say 11:15-3:15 and I'm assuming all of them including my iPhone will be on the same truck, so I sort of got around the whole "end of day" approximation that they put on these pre-orders so people can't be mad if they're a little late.

13. scandalousapple macrumors newbie

14. uchosen macrumors 6502

Before Saturday. Ask us what you're having for lunch tomorrow.

15. eric89074 macrumors regular

Whatever time you normally get packages from them give or take an hour. I usually get mine around 5pm.

16. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

How's this possible if each UPS area depot has a designated truck just for iPhones as indicated by post #11? Are they going to retrieve your iPhone out of the designated truck containing probably hundreds of iPhones just to put it on your 11:15-3:15 truck?

17. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Well if its true about there being a designated truck for iPhones... Im fine. Its a mainly rural area here and most people "don't have $900 for an iPhone 6" so there probably wont be too many delivered around here... Then i guess they might put the phones on a regular truck...

18. strausd macrumors 68030

I only have one class tomorrow and I am not wanting to go at all. But with UPS being super busy and class ending at 1, I think I am probably going to be alright.

19. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

If you're in a rural area then your UPS driver will probably leave it between your screen/back door. Wait... define 'rural'..

20. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

chill, friend. didn't see that post, wasn't aware ups was making special iphone only deliveries.

21. EJ8 Suspended

EJ8

I'm gonna go with - ham sammich.

22. uchosen macrumors 6502

Can't argue with that. I was gonna guess bean-sprout quesadilla with a side of hummus :p

23. mistertomlinson macrumors 6502

iPhones usually get delivered between 1:30 and 2 pm.