What to buy Air 2 or Mini 4 or Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by camperdown9, Mar 23, 2016.

1. camperdown9 macrumors regular

London, England & Chatillon-Sur-Seine, France
    Hi

I currently have an old iPad Mini. In the about section it says that the capacity is 27.1 and its model MD544B/A. I like the size its good for travelling or reading a book, but its coming to the end of its natural life. When I type there is a delay before the letters show on the screen. I could do with more storage space.

I also have an iPad air which a 16gb memory. Its continually telling me that there is no space.

So I want to upgrade and choices are.....

iPad pro 9.7 with 128GB wifi only version is going to cost £619.
    -Really more that I wanted to spend when I then pay for a case
    -Never going to buy or use a pen with it
    (So not sure this is for me)

iPad Air 2 with 64GB wifi only £429
    -Is 64GB going to be enough storage, I guess it is compared to my current iPad's.
    -Better price

or

iPad Mini 4 with 128GB wifi only £479
    -Better size for when travelling.

So I think my question is which is better an Air 2 with 64GB or a Mini 4 with 128GB?

Alex

2. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I have an iPad Mini 4, my wife has the Air 2.
    I prefer the mini 4 and always have. As a man, I can take it with me everywhere. As a woman with a purse so can she. Both of ours are data capable.
    It's really up to you, but the space on the Mini 4 is more attractive especially if they are wifi only. Although the Air is a bit faster, it's not enough to make a difference in practical use.

3. sinar macrumors regular

I don't think it is a case of one being better than the other, they are just different, and which is better for you will depend on your needs and circumstances.

I have a mini 4 and an air 2, i tend to use the mini 4 when i'm travelling, when i'm at home i mostly use the Air 2, both of mine are 64GB, which is plenty of space for me, but might not be for you, so the extra storage in getting the 128GB mini may or may not be of benefit to you.

I think both will be a big improvement on the mini you have, personally if i could only have one, i'd go with the Air 2, as i use mine mostly at home, ultimately, only you can decide which is the right choice for you

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

If you're narrowing down to the Air 2 and Mini 4, go with the form factor that you prefer. The spec difference between them isn't going to be noticible in most scenarios. They're the same except for the Air 2 having an A8X processor vs the Mini 4's A8.