what to buy?help...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vtecyo, Oct 18, 2007.

1. vtecyo macrumors newbie

hi everyone.
    i wanted to buy an apple laptop, it will connect to an external monitor.
    besides the normal office use, surfing online, email, i have two games that i will occasionally play, WOW and SecondLife.
    my question is, will the macbook handle them ok?with the setting set to mid-low or even just low. or its better to get a MBP?
    cheers

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Speaking generally, if you plan to do any significant gaming now and in the future, you'll get more use out of an MBP. Their dedicated GPU's are not top of the line, but they give much better performance than the integrated GMA 950's that power graphics in the MBs.

3. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

being a PC gamer I have always HATED apple for their GPU choices. the MacBook Pro, however, does have a fairly decent GPU (8600GT) the macbooks have the GMA X1300 now, but that doesn't change the fact that it is integrated graphics. Basically, if you have the money, get the computer with a REAL graphics card, you will be happy later when you can actually use your computer ;)

4. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

you just really need to ask yourself is it worth the extra $200 or so to play a couple games and if it is, i see no reason that you shouldn't get a mbp but i would really wait until they are updated in the very neat future

5. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

if you want a straight answer, it is yes, a macbook will handle those two things. But you should seriously consider mbp if the cost isn't a huge issue and you don't demand the portability of a mb.