What to buy (Keep 5S or buy Nexus 5)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AndrewR23, Oct 20, 2013.

1. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I currently have the 5S, coming from a 5. I bought it unlocked, 32GB 812$. IT is not worth it. IOS 7 is horrible, stale, and boring. Ive had every single IPhone as well. Really looking into going Android, the HTC one is nice, but does not get updates I read.

I def. do not want the Galaxy.

The Droid MAXX is nice, but expensive and CNET made that clear.

I am very interested in the Nexus 5. Reading only 349$ unlocked, 5 inch screen 444 PPI, wireless charging.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

2. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

Droid Maxx - $199 on contract, $499 off contract.

You paid >$800 for an iPhone off contract but CNET made clear to you that a $500 phone is expensive?

Do you even have a point to your post???

If you want a new phone, go get it, why do you need us to confirm a decision for you?

3. DGPMaluco macrumors regular

What to buy (Keep 5S or buy Nexus 5)

I think it's like going from a Ferrari to Nissan GT-R

First you should try android, get a friend to lend you a phone a week or so (you could lend in an iPhone if he never used one, it would be a win win situation and you would personally know how android is)! After that you can decide, like you said you want updates than nexus line is the best for you, or the google edition phones

4. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

well a nissan gt-r is still a really nice car, and even faster (better) than some ferraris so I would say bad analogy.

Maybe a ferrari to a honda! :p