What to buy next...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BrerSam, Jun 11, 2013.

1. BrerSam macrumors member

So basically I really enjoy apple products and right now currently have

iPhone 5
    Ipad 4
    Ipad mini
    11 inch 2012 air which had a broken battery in.
    AirPort Extreme
    And a Apple TV

I use the ipad for browsing at home, mini for taking to work and carry my phone with me at all times

I watch and download a lot of movies and tv shows and right now I used a 1 tb hard drive plugged into the AirPort Extreme and connect it to iTunes through e MacBook Air and watch on my tv with the Apple TV.

I'm a final year Uni student so I will have papers to write in the coming year, I just took a year out before the air I used to do Uni work on a 2010 MacBook Pro 15 inch but since I been travelling I decide to get e air but now I'm heading home I need to consider my options

Do I keep or sell the air and get a iMac or a Mac Pro or just stick to using the air as my main.

Any suggestions guys?

2. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

Imac 27"
    RMBP 13" or 15"
    Mac Pro 2013

If I was you, I would sell the air and get a rMBP 15" it's just an amazing machine. Or get an iMac with fusion drive.

3. jimthing macrumors 6502a

jimthing

...save your money, you'll need it to: clear debt / buy a house / save / invest / build up a decent pension.
    :rolleyes:

4. Dwinguel macrumors member

Dwinguel

Any problem with the Air currently in terms of performance?

If not, stick to it.

If you do (maybe running short on RAM), you will still need a laptop for Uni I believe so you could upgrade to the latest Air or take a MBP with higher specs than the Air.

Alternatively get an iMac and an iPad for portability (unless you need to run specific software while at Uni) and sell your Air.