First, let me begin by saying that this thread partially belongs in the "speculation" section because, of course, and updated PB has not yet been released and no one has really "seen" the new iMac. But based on said speculation, I'd like to hear what y'all have to say. I've already made an order for the new 20" iMac (couldn't help it!), but was originally in the market for a PB, only I wasn't so keen on its specs. However, with the announcement of a likely updated PB as early as next Wednesday, I'm rethinking my decision. My main computer uses are word processing, image editing, internet, music and videos...all at the same time (I tend to be a memory hog ). Clearly, the new iMac caters to me but if the PB is updated, as speculated, in areas of memory, screen resolution, and graphics, then this could even things out. Of course, the PB will still be portable, but I haven't ever owned a laptop so I can't say I MUST have one for its portability; I'm in research, so if I own a laptop I can picture bringing it to the lab/library/coffee shops...and then lounging on the sofa/bed/wherever at home. This sounds great, but I can (and currently do) live without this. Plus it's a little expensive for itself. Besides, it really doesn't seem like the updates to the PB will be significant, and compared to the iMac it will likely stay inferior (spec-wise)...but the PB's specs will surely be fine for my needs and it's portable. So maybe the real question is, will the Oct. 12 iMac or the Oct. 19 PB have the greatest lifespan (in light of the iminent Intel switch) and which seems like it would better suit me? And should I cancel my current iMac order and wait to be unimpressed by the updated PB's specs? Thanks a million for contemplating this with me. I've seen some pretty good insight on these boards in the past few weeks...so I'm hoping a little bit of that will guide me.