What to Buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jswoosh, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Jswoosh macrumors member

Ok right now I'm thinking of buying a 13' MBA next week and an iMac when they are updated.
    But would it be better for a 13' MBP and an iMac or even just a 15' MBP by itself?

I'd be using the MPA solely for school work and music. Maybe running CS5 on it but not sure how well it holds up with PS, AI, and ID.
    The I would be using the iMac for graphic design ect.

However I'm just not sure what to get at this point. Any help to decide would be great.

2. iZero macrumors regular

Nothing wrong with any of the options you've presented for yourself :) Personally, I can't use anything short of a top end iMac for my work. And even it is bordering on not enough, so I'm going to have to go to a Mac Pro next time around. But not everyone needs something so big for their work, and many people have absolutely everything they need in a 15 inch or 17 inch MacBook Pro. These MBP's are getting powerful enough now, that for many tasks, one could get by with the MBP and a nice external monitor, as their only machine! Or even do without the external monitor, depending on the screen needs involved.

It really depends on your workload, how much space you need, how much cash you want to spend, and what's most important for you when you're working.

3. colshine macrumors regular

colshine

You could get a MBP and an external screen when you're at home and need a larger screen. Its the route I've gone with mine.

4. Jswoosh thread starter macrumors member

Ok yea but there is just something pulling me towards the MBA I don't know what but I really like it.