What to buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Olaf.cc, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Olaf.cc macrumors newbie

I know, it's not a great title but bear with me.

I currently own Hackintosh(i7-950, 12GB DDR, 6TB data), a iPad and a Acer Aspire One 753.

I use my Hackintosh for graphic work, photo editting and video(iMovie). Besides the usual office work. But it isn't that stable.

The iPad is mainly used with iBooks and AirVideo. And typing this while laying on the couch.

I use the Acer to reprogram my cars software and for minor webdesign while on the road.

The Acer lacks power, doesn't have enough pixels and it misses OS X. I can't bring my Hackintosh when on the road which is annoying.

What I need is a portable device for designing, photo editting, storage. I'm thinking about a MBA 13" i7 but I'll probably end with a MBP 15" i7. That way I can replace the Hackintosh and the Acer. The resolution of the MBA seems to low, but with the cinema display it's okay. Though, more expensive... And the MBA has about half the power of the MBP.

But I don't want to lose the ability to watch video's with AirVideo while out of my house. So I'll probably need a MacMini to cover that part. (Right?)

Besides that, I still have about 4-5TB left to store. Pegasus has a nice solution, but it's very pricy.

Any thoughts? Experiences?

2. Sonhascome macrumors 6502

I'd say go with the 15" macbook pro, but I'd wait a few months if I were you for the new ones to come out, I'm sure that they will have better resolution