what to buy???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by simon.storm, Dec 16, 2008.

1. simon.storm macrumors newbie

i would appreciate some info from anyone out there... i am in the market for a pretty dependable and inexpensive drawing tablet. please help, obviously very mac compatible.

thank you very kindly,
    simon:confused:

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

ModBook - Only commercial Mac tablet
    I personally have a Wacom tablet attached to my Mac Mini (and sometimes to my MBP)

3. simon.storm thread starter macrumors newbie

much appreciated...

thanks goeffreak. althought the ModBook appears to be all the rage, it is out of my budget. i was looking for something inexpensive that i can "start" to learn on. to be honest, i have but a couple hundred dollars to spear. any other suggestions will be awesome. i'm not that computer savvy, so i'd like something that i know will be MAC and Photoshop compatible - "tablet for dummies".

4. nutman macrumors regular

I think what you are looking for are the wacom products. Very quality tablets that are attached to usb and are all compatible with macs. You will probably be looking at the bamboo line, which has replaced the graphire line. I use a 4x3 inch graphire and love it. I think the bamboos are selling for around 80 dollars.

5. I'm a Mac macrumors 6502

If you're looking into the wacom tablets and you're looking to spend some $$, but less than for a nice tablet pc (or mac), you might want to look into the $999 wacom cintiq, which has a built in LCD display so you can see what your drawing on. It's a little pricey, but very cool (I wish I had one). Otherwise, I'd go with a less expense tablet (I love my wacom bamboo fun). If you want a tablet PC and are looking for good performance in a pen-only tablet, check out the HP Compaq 2710p and 2730p.