What to Charge for Professional WordPress Websites?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by mrtemp, Jul 7, 2017.

1. mrtemp macrumors newbie

I've spent the last few years developing iPhone apps and wish to get back into web design (where I got my start). I have 10+ years of experience, a large portfolio, references, and a computer science degree.

My primary clients are smaller law firms. I currently charge around $5,000 (my best package) for the following:

- WordPress based website using off the shelf theme with full customization
    - Professional logo done by my graphic designer
    - 10-pages of SEO optimized written content done by a professional writer (includes research, etc.)
    - Setup of 10 web pages
    - Stock photos
    - Onsite 3-hour client tutorial
    - 1-Year support and updates
    - Additional SEO stuff: submission to local business listings, code optimization, analytics reports, etc.

Is this a fair price for both my client and I? I prefer to charge a fixed price.

What are other professionals charging for similar services?

2. fig macrumors 6502a

fig

Sounds super cheap without knowing more details. I'd assume 2k for the logo and anywhere from $1000-1500 for the written content depending how much the client provided, SEO alone could be several thousand, and that's all before any development.

3. olup macrumors 6502

Too many variables to give a decent answer to this, but if:
    a) this is a client that you're friends/aquaintances with or want to do further business with
    b) you want to have more businesses like that becoming your client
    c) the clients in your area don't have that much money to spend
    then it might reasonable to charge what you are charging.
    In the end it comes down to that and if you're happy with your rates/lifestyle.

4. jonnysods macrumors 601

jonnysods

In my mind it depends in your skill level, overheads (eg how much are you paying for content and graphic design), and your hours invested in making the site.

I generally charge piece work, but it's been a long time perfecting that science to give my client great results as well as put food on the table at a fair rate.