What to check for in new MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ProperNoun, May 31, 2010.

1. ProperNoun macrumors newbie

Hey guys, my 15'' i5 HR AG MacBook Pro should be arriving tomorrow through FedEx and I just wanted to check in and see if there are any tests to conduct to make sure the computer is good to go. Obviously a dead pixel test in store, but anything other than that? Thanks!

2. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

don't bother, you will find flaws and then hate yourself for noticing them. dead pixel test at most, obviously physical check for dents/scratches. But besides that, I wouldn't. Just enjoy it.

3. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Shake the box...if nothing rattles, you're good to go! :D

4. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

yeah, i inspected my whole macbook, i kind of inspect it way too much to the poiint where i believe i have slight OCD thanks to this thing :rolleyes: lol. but anwyays, i've noticed that i have 2 very small flaws on it. one is a faint line thats smooth (probably painted over) between the : key and " key. and when my lids closed, i think the screen is like 1mm shifted over more to the left side then the right. so 1 mm os the bottom portion is exposed.

once again i wouldn't look into it too much cause their might be some minor flaws that will drive u crazy. personally i don't care, this thing runs like a champ :D

5. xi mezmerize ix macrumors 6502a

xi mezmerize ix

You are weird.

6. mateforrest macrumors newbie

Hello i´m from Spain, Europe. I think my new MBP 15" i5 has the same "defect", take a look:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Do you have the same offset towards left?

regards.

7. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

8. mateforrest macrumors newbie

Sorry, edited to solve the problem.