What to Choose

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Free2016, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Free2016 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am just needing a bit of help with choosing a device. I am looking for something lightweight . My friend has a MacBook Air 11inch 2015 model 128gb that he is selling for $350 because he is moving out of the country.

I have my eye on that or the iPad air 2 64gb or 128gb + LTE. I plan to use the device for light photo editing, nothing major/professional. I plan to read books and magazines, take notes, very basic gaming like cut the rope, video watching and buying. I listen and buy so much music from iTunes so apple music would be fantasia to use.

I have a Playstation Vita which I use for all of my gaming needs. Do hardly any games on my Apple iPad or mac will be installed.

I have tried the Microsoft Surface 3 and did not really enjoy the full tablet experience. Battery is a bit lower than expected.

So should I buy the MacBook Air from my friend or the ipad air 2?

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Writing and photo editing will be better with the Macbook, but everything else is better on the iPad. It is really up to your personal preferences and time allocations for either activity.

A keyboard for the iPad Air 2 (The 3 will likely be released next month!) would make writing much easier of course.

3. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

I'd go for the Air given the price and the fact that your gaming/mobile needs are covered by the Vita. If you're really indecisive, there's always this.

4. MacRazySwe macrumors 6502a

I'd jump on that MacBook Air for $350. It's a great deal.

5. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Go and steal Macbook Air from your friend NOW!