What to do before returning a MacBook to Apple.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thechef, Feb 28, 2008.

1. thechef macrumors newbie

My MacBook is due to be sent back to Apple tomorrow after being swapped for the new Penryn model and I need some help and/or guidance about how I should prepare it before its sent back.

I don't have many files or apps installed but whats the best way to remove everything before I send it back? Do Apple care if I haven't formatted the drive etc?

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

2. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

Most likely the first things Apple will do when they get your machine is to visually inspect it, then format the disk. You'll be fine as long as the machine doesn't have damage that you didn't tell them about.

3. thechef thread starter macrumors newbie

The reason im returning it is because it was bought last week and they let me swap it for the new model. I already have the new one but the old one is to be picked up tomorrow.

I think I will just delete my documents and remove any apps i've installed. There isn't any personal info on there except my .Mac login details etc.

4. TJones macrumors regular

If you had anything on it that may have had some personal information on it I would go to the Disk Utility and do the erase free space thing.