What to do concerning 27" iMac... need to talk it out...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by toed, Dec 13, 2009.

1. toed macrumors member

Well my wife won't talk to me about computers or tech stuff so I am going to try and get my satisfaction here...
    I am on my 3rd 27" i5 iMac.
    Bought the first one Nov 30th and on Dec 9th it started flickering, so it went back to the store and they swapped it out for a new one. Got the 2nd one home and instantly noticed the yellow tint on the bottom, so it went back the following day (Dec 10th) for a full refund.
    I had decided to sit on it and wait until Apple either quietly fixed this, or publicly acknowledged it, but after using the iMac for a good week I just couldn't go back to my 15" MBP...
    So I head back to the store on Dec 11th and buy my 3rd 27" and lo and behold it too has the yellow tint...

So... what the heck am I suppose to do???

I think I am just going to wait and see what happens... loading this monster up and taking it back is not fun.

Thanks,

2. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

It could very well be that the Apple store you are getting your imac from has a huge batch of bad imacs. I would wait a few weeks until all the bad imacs are found then go back and try again. It is worth the hassle got my imac 27" i5 about a week ago and have had no complaints about it.

3. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

What to do?

STOP BUYING THEM. Time to exercise your consumer right, and stop/wait for better iMacs in a few months.

4. s3e3 macrumors member

5. toed thread starter macrumors member

Yes... yes... that sounds all good, but aside from a slight yellow tinge when there is a white/grey background, the machine is a dream...

As I said, after a full week of using it, I tried to use my old MBP and "wait out the storm", but it was painful...

6. toed thread starter macrumors member

I think this is where I am leaning as well...

See what happens after the first of the year and try and exchange then.

7. ma2ha3 macrumors regular

ma2ha3

i have money and l like imac 27 screen. but after reading the threads, maybe i should wait a little longer. i am sick of tire of hackers near my home hacking my PC xp and win7. i like to play game and have to open a lot of ports, the hackers keep destroying my computer. i decide to use PC only for game, and only place game inside, and nothing else, while imac 27 for non gaming activities.

i think you should wear a glass which will remove the yellow, what color remove yellow tint. and sell these glasses to apple users.

8. toed thread starter macrumors member

Yes, but what about the top 3/4 of the screen??? It does not have a yellow tint, so that won't work.

9. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

paint the walls in the room yellow, and then you will just think its the walls :)

10. ma2ha3 macrumors regular

ma2ha3

yes you need special glass like those old folk wear, the bottom 1/4 remove yellow tint and above is normal plastic.

11. Dr. Unk macrumors newbie

How is this excercising consumer rights?

"Oh your product is terrible? Oh that's fine, I'll try again in a month."

Apple would be upset.