What to do? Getting too hot? Please Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by afan, Apr 17, 2009.

1. afan macrumors newbie

Ok so we were headed to go set up our booth down town and we were stoped at a red light and someone slammed into the back of us. I had my macbook pro (early 08) sitting in front of me. I checked and nothing looked wrong, but now it is running hot. The CPU and GPU run at 80c (180f) all the time even with one app like safari open, and thats with a cooling pad under it at full blast. It never use to get this hot usually 30-70c even when doing video editing.

So what do i do? Im going to take it into an apple store and have them look at it, but Im afraid that if i tell them what happened they wont fix it for free (its still under warranty) and "black mark" my computer. I know I can claim it on insurance but the place we are dealing with are being butt holes, so im afraid they wont pay for it to be fixed.

What should I tell the people at the apple store? Please help! I have babied the crap out my computer and this happens.:mad:

I dont want to up my fan speed. either

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Go to Activity Monitor, select "All Processes" from the drop down menu, and see what's taking up all of your CPU.

3. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...if you have apple care and nothing "looks" wrong with it, have it looked at...

4. jackbrown macrumors newbie

Monitor all the activities happening in your CPU and got the fault and the got solution for that.