What to do if my iPhone 4S was stolen?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BlindSoul, May 16, 2012.

1. BlindSoul macrumors 6502

Hello,

I had an Unlocked iPhone 4S which I bought from the Apple Store in the UK, About 3 weeks ago my iPhone 4S was stolen and I was wondering if there's any way I can lock it. Such as I go to the Apple Store and ask them to lock it or any other options possible, I can't use my iCloud account because I never ever logged in to it.

Thank you very much!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nothing you can do but move on.
    Apple will not lock it or blacklist it. That's up to the carrier.

3. toiday macrumors regular

If you have MobileMe and Location services turn on then there is a small chance that you can locate it. But even that must be done quickly before they turn off the phone or re-image it. Hopefully, after The National Stolen Cell Phone Database establish in late 2013, there will be less stolen cell phones.

4. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

For locking it, only iCloud can be used, in combination with the Find my iPhone service.

If it's the data you care about, and you had an Exchange account set-up (for work, or google apps) then you can remote wipe it using that.

5. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

If your father is a cop, report it to him:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/2...ergeant-to-reporter-house-had-squad-hunt-for/

A California police chief already under fire for sending a cop to a reporter's house to complain about a story had his officers work overtime to hunt for his teenage son's stolen cellphone, authorities said Monday.

The cellphone incident occurred back in January, after Berkeley Police Chief Michael Meehan's son reported the device missing from his locker at Berkeley High School. The department did not file a police report about the incident, "an oversight that came to our attention when researching your questions," Sgt. Mary Kusmiss, a department spokeswoman, told the San Francisco Chronicle.

Kusmiss is the same officer Meehan dispatched to a reporter's home after midnight in March to complain about a story on the Feb. 18 bludgeoning death of a Berkeley resident.

Cops have been griping about the incident, according to the paper. Meehan told a sergeant his son's phone had tracking software and had drug task force officers go to Oakland in pursuit of the missing phone, according to the report. A source told the paper Meehan took part in the search, which at one point involved 10 officers. Four detectives were each paid two hours' worth of overtime.

The signal stopped updating the phone's position in North Oakland and the phone wasn't found.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/2...orter-house-had-squad-hunt-for/#ixzz1vgo0InyZ