Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
I was under the impression that the initial download for iOS 5 would be a traditional iTunes download of the full OS, and the updates following 5.0.0 would be OTA delta updates.

Thats what i was asking. One last wired sync with iTunes then.

sharpycl

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2009
Gaithersburg, MD
1. I plan on having the day off (as I have done with every major release since 3.0) and just waiting for the update to download. I plan to start fresh and do a fresh install since I haven't done one since 4.0 was released over a year ago.

2. Then learn and master all the new features.

This year I have two devices to install 5.0 on (my iphone and ipad) so it'll be a much longer day to enjoy :).

It's like a holiday for me very year. I look forward to them no differently.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Syncing is nothing to do with updating the firmware (upgrading to iOS 5 or even to point updates within iOS 5). Firmware updates can require reboots. Syncing (your songs etc from iTunes) happens in the background: you can still use the device.

Whoops. Looks like I misread the post. I thought the post talked about updating, not syncing. My bad.

Psood21

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
Might i suggest running naked on the street,shouting 'long live the io5'....lol m too bored at work :)

mncmoore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
Might i suggest running naked on the street,shouting 'long live the io5'....lol m too bored at work :)

God that's too funny. So is iOS 5 not going to erase everything on the device or are the beta testers just doing that cause apple tells them too?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.