What to do, what to do? Questions regarding rMBP 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HipsterGG, Jan 21, 2014.

1. HipsterGG macrumors member

HipsterGG

Good evening guys,

Since the release of Mavericks I was quite happy again with my cMBP mid 2010 13". Performance went up and everything went better. But now someone is offering me €600+ for this MacBook and I have no idea what to do.

I think I speak for the most of us, we all want some new goodies after a few years. So do I and I'd like to have a bit of advice. The thing is:

My cMBP is main computer next to my early 2009 iMac. I do work fulltime and when I come home I like to play some games. Not the new ones, but the addictive, good 'ol World of Warcraft and League of Legends games. Those games aren't that graphically demanding but they're not running that good anymore on the Nvidia GeForce 320M.

Next to a bit of casual gaming I use it for video editing, the just the regular web browsing, music and movies.

Which MacBook would you guys recommend? I was thinking of the rMBP 256GB version but I'm unsure of the gaming performance with the Intel Iris Graphics. Would it work out fine? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

2. Wuiffi macrumors 6502a

Wuiffi

600€ is a very good price for a 13" 2010 MBP (even if you have 8GB and an SSD).

About the Intel Iris and gaming performance, take a look here and here

3. HipsterGG thread starter macrumors member

HipsterGG

I didn't even put an SSD in it :) So it should be a great price?