What to Do When My MBP FREEZES during programs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by liontamer67, Mar 7, 2015.

1. liontamer67 macrumors member

liontamer67

Hello everyone. I must say this is the first time I have ever asked this question and I have been using Mac since 2006. When my son plays Minecraft on my laptop it will freeze up.

What can I do besides powering it down? I have tried to do key shortcuts to bring me back to finder but nothing happens.

HELP....or I am going to have to keep my kid from my laptop which please don't make me do...he can be really annoying...but lovable.

2. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Is it get very hot, my daughter plays Minecraft on my old 2011 15" MBP with no issue, equally it`s on a passive aluminium stand on the desk, and the Fans are set to spool up sooner and more aggressively. Minecraft does get the system hot, however not to boiling point.

If the Mac is freezing instantly at moderate temperatures, you might want to look at the version of Java and the stability of the internet connection. What we have observed is that the system can stall for some time when in the setup/loading phase of the game. As far as I am aware the game has no issue once up and running.

Q-6